Cert Surg Tech First Asst PRN - Venice
Provides care to specific patient populations experiencing surgical interventions under the direction and supervision of the surgeon and in accordance with hospital policy and appropriate laws and regulations. Provides wound exposure, hemostasis, wound closure, and other intraoperative technical functions that help the surgeon carry out a safe operation with optimal results for the patient. Plans and executes complex daily activities including the ability to prioritize, impact the "30-minute" guarantee for inpatients and "25 minutes" for outpatients in turnovers (patient out to in). Note: The surgeon must be physically present in the hospital at all times when the CFA is functioning in surgery.
- Require a minimum of one (1) year of experience in operating room clinical practice; preferably with demonstrated proficiency as a scrub and first assist.
- Prefer demonstrated ability to make significant contributions in reducing cost per case (i.e. impact preference card accuracy, choice or supplies, suture, etc.).
- Prefer demonstrated knowledge of advanced technology (i.e. navigation, robotics).
- Prefer demonstrated knowledge of specialty procedures, instrumentation, and equipment.
- Prefer excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
Required License and Certs
BLS: Basic Life Support/CPR
CFA: Certified First Assist
CST: Certified Surg Technologist