Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Medical Technologist 1st shift
Under the supervision of Technical Supervisor and Shift Supervisor, performs laboratory tests to obtain data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Follows all hospital and laboratory policies, guidelines, procedures and protocols. May assume charge duties in absence of Supervisor.
- Require a Bachelor's degree in a health science program or medical technology. A minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience can be considered in lieu of required degree. Employees hired prior to 1/1/09 are grandfathered into this position.
- Require current technologist license under Chapter 483, Part IV, Florida Statute: 61F-5; or must be obtained within ninety (90) days of hire date.Note: Limited scope of practice will be utilized until licensure has been obtained.Limited Scope: Results entry will not be performed.
- Prefer a minimum of one (1) year experience in a clinical laboratory.
- Prefer excellent communication and listening skills.
- Prefer demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Prefer basic working knowledge of commonly used computer applications and office.
- Prefer qualification as an ASCP, AMT, NCA, or an equivalent medical technologist.
Required License and Certs
MT*: Medical Technologist
Preferred License and Certs
Four 10 hour days, every other weekend, Hours are 0900-1930 weekdays earlier hours on the weekend.