Registered Nurse Intervent Rad
Radiology Nursing Services
Provides professional nursing care to patients and families in an acute clinical care environment, guided by the SMHCS nursing professional practice model and in accordance with the ANA's Standards of Professional Practice. Prescribes, delegates and coordinates nursing care for patients undergoing all types of Radiologic procedures including but not limited to, Interventional Radiology, Neuro Interventional Radiology, CT Scan, Ultrasound, MRI and General Radiology. Care may include interventions that assist the patient at any level of care; Inpatient, Outpatient, Critical Care, Emergency Care, and Transfers. Administers Moderate Sedation and manages the care of the Radiology patients undergoing a variety of procedures at the direction of the Intervention Radiologists. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure safe and effective patient care delivery and the achievement of desired quality patient directed outcomes. Collaborates with the Radiology Interdisciplinary team that includes the Medical Director, attending Physicians, unit based support staff, unit manager, unit director, LPNs and APRNs to lead the patient through the utmost quality continuum of care. Responsible for the care of patients experiencing Trauma or Stroke, Hemodynamic Monitoring, Drip Titration and Vent Management.
- Require graduate of an accredited school of nursing or a diploma program. For new hires after 2012, Bachelor of Science Degree in nursing (BSN) required within three (3) years of hire date.
- Require PALS (Pediatric Adv Life Support) certification within 6 months of hire date.
- Require basic working knowledge of commonly used computer applications.
- Require current Moderate Sedation and IV competency credentials. If not in possession at time of hire/transfer, must obtain within 90-days of hire/transfer.
- Require National Institutes of Health (NIH) Stroke Scale certification within six (6) months of completing department orientation.
- Prefer certification in nursing specialty area.
- Prefer two (2) years Interventional Radiology, Cath Lab, Critical Care, Emergency Room experience or equivalent.
BSN: Bachelor of Science Nursing
Required License and Certs
ACLS: Advanced Cardiac Life Support
BLS: Basic Life Support/CPR
FL RN: FL Registered Nurse License
(4) 10 hour days shifts with rotational Saturdays
Rotational call as well, need to be within a 30 minute response time to the hospital for emergent cases