Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Physician Assistant II
The Physician Assistant (PA) reflects the mission, vision, and values of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and other regulatory and accreditation standards.The PA II typically work in a set acute care setting managing patient care which can include critical care, OB/GYN, Oncology, and Pediatrics.A PA is a graduate with a master's degree or certificate from an accredited physician assistant program at an accredited school or college. The PA functions as part of the multidisciplinary health team in accordance with privileges approved by the credentialing committee to provide high-quality, cost-effective advanced care to patients. The PA is licensed by the Florida Board of Medicine and the Board of Osteopathic Medicine to perform medical services delegated by the supervising physician(s).
- Require bachelor degree from accredited physician assistant training program.
- Require current certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Prefer ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Prefer demonstrated written & verbal communication & strong analytical skills.
- Prefer ability to work independently and effectively with physicians and other allied health personnel in the hospital and/or office setting.
- Prefer demonstrated clinical competency skills.
- Prefer demonstrated knowledge of pharmacology as it relates to health care practice and current prescription writing skills/DEA licensing.
- Prefer demonstrated skills in documentation in medical records to substantiate accurate billing.
- Prefer effective interaction skills to ensure the successful care of patients in the clinical setting.
- Prefer effective leadership and strong interpersonal skills.
- Prefer knowledge of relevant state and federal laws, statutes and regulations.
- Prefer knowledge of state, federal and local health care agencies and programs.
M D: Masters Degree
Required License and Certs
PA: Physician Assistant
Preferred License and Certs
ACLS: Advanced Cardiac Life Support
BLS: Basic Life Support