Established in 2002, Yummy Market is the destination for a European food experience in the GTA. In addition to a wide selection of fresh local and imported products, we cook and bake from scratch in-store according to European tradition. Our wholesome prepared dishes, artisan breads, cakes, and pastries are based on centuries-old recipes. Our world product assortment is the largest in the GTA, attracting customers from near and far. And our Associates speak 20+ languages to serve our customers better.
We are currently looking for the following position at our Toronto/ North York location (4400 Dufferin Street ): COOK - FULL TIME
· Prepare, heat and finish simple food items
· Wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit
· Use manual and electrical appliances to clean, peel, slice and trim foodstuffs
· Stock refrigerators and salad bars
· Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment
· Receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas
· Handle and store cleaning products
· Sweep and mop floors
· Storing supplies and assisting cook and kitchen staff.
· Lifting requirement: Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
· 2+ years of experience as a cook is preferred.
- A variety of different types of from scratch cuisines from around the world
· Detailed-oriented, must be able to carefully follow directions
· Excellent time management skills, must be able to get product out in a timely manner
· Able to work flexible hours
Thank you for your interest in joining Yummy Market. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Yummy Market is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources. All interested applicants please submit your resume and your availability to work as soon as possible for immediate consideration.