If you care about the environment and want to be part of an organization that improves our planet, consider joining our team as Shop and Materials Coordinator! If you enjoy having a large variety of work in a fast-paced environment, check us out. For almost 50 years, Bay West LLC (Bay West) has been a recognized leader delivering Environmental Solutions nation-wide and we’re proud of our stellar safety programs and records. We’re a unique mix of expertise and strong tenured employees in the following services: Environmental Consulting, Engineering, Emergency Response and Waste Management for a mixed portfolio of Federal, State, Municipal and Industrial/Commercial clients.
Bay West is seeking a Shop and Materials Coordinator. This position will assist Project Managers, Field Crews and Operations by maintaining an accurate inventory, tracking equipment utilization, and purchasing materials required for emergency response, environmental consulting and industrial cleaning services.
Bay West Offers a Robust Benefits Package Including
- Employer subsidized medical, health savings account and dental plan.
- Employer paid vacation time, sick time, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- Additional benefit options including 401(k) plan, vision coverage, supplemental life insurance, critical illness and accident coverage, dependent care and healthcare flexible spending accounts.
- Support and encouragement to obtain additional credentials and certifications.
- Culture that empowers all employees to stop a job – we walk the safety talk!
- Competitive wages and individual consideration as your expertise and responsibilities expand.
- Business casual environment with great co-workers.
- Support project teams in ordering and locating materials and equipment required for various projects.
- Completes accurate inventory report.
- Completes required State/Federal forms and submissions (IFTA).
- Review weekly equipment scheduling, transactions and inventory management.
- Ensures weekly utilization reports accurately reflect the transactions to identify tool availability (custody of Bay West assets). Equipment needs to be in a state of readiness in its home for the next job. Investigate and report discrepancies to supervisor.
- Maintain adequate stocking levels of disposable inventory. Physically count the inventory monthly, enter counts into accounting software and investigate discrepancies. Submit reporting to Shop Manager.
- Requests procurement approval for all required parts and services to support the company’s field owned equipment, disposables, and facility’s needs.
- Assists Operational Support Services Manager (SHOP) with day-to-day facility maintenance requests. Monitors facility cleaning and maintenance related inventory and reorders as needed.
- Coordinates and oversees shipping and receiving functions.
- Manages Bay West uniforms.
- Review monthly bills and utilities for all offices. Turn into Group Manager for approval.
- Supports daily operations in the mobilization and demobilization of projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum high-school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent required.
- A minimum of one-year relevant experience.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment background check.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to execute multiple assignments, providing a consistently high level of quality and accuracy.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite software (including Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills with strong attention to detail.
- Organizational skills and ability to plan and manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrates a positive, solution-seeking attitude and personal accountability.
- Ability to react effectively to changing conditions and collaborate as needed to resolve issues.
- Knowledge of environmental equipment (pumps, meters, etc.)
Bay West is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Bay West is an EEO/AA Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employer.