$37.00 - $43.00 Hourly
400 Seventh Street North La Crosse, WI
Western Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region Western and is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all co-workers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn, dedicated to serving students, and committed to the principles of equity and social justice. Western believes that serving the full breadth of our student and co-worker populations requires cultural competency and enthusiasm for diversity of all kinds. We recognize the intersectional nature of discrimination and are committed to counteracting these biases and eliminating the effects they have had on our students, co-workers, and communities. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching, learning, social justice and equity, please consider this employment opportunity at Western.Summary of Position:
Instructors are responsible for providing quality academic curriculum, instruction, assessment, and for ensuring a productive and challenging learning experience is delivered to prepare students for the workplace and/or a pathway to further education. This position works to promote social justice within the division and the larger academic institution.
Instruction will be primarily in the face-to-face format.
1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect. Regular attendance is required.
2. Instruction - Supporting Actions May Include:
*Deliver courses in multiple modes of delivery including modern classroom (F2F), interactive distance learning (IDL), online or hybrid/blended, and on-site training for external customers where applicable
*Develop and deliver instructional design activities
*Address and refer student concerns
*Guide and support students on one-to-one basis outside the classroom as well as in classroom setting
*Assist students in developing critical thinking skills to understand/apply concepts of subject matter to vocational, ethical, social, and personal practices
3. Classroom Management - Supporting Actions May Include:
*Monitor student progress and conduct student evaluation
*Provide input and/or maintain division accreditation and student records
*Integrate the college core abilities as well as the program outcomes and course competencies
4. Program Development and Academic Leadership - Supporting Actions May Include:
*Responsible for instructional learning activities
*Provide academic referrals as appropriate
*Organize, develop, and deliver outcomes-based curriculum and assess student learning
5. Complete all required College training and responsible for maintaining the skills necessary to complete the essential functions of the position as defined by the department.
6. Student Success is the cornerstone of Western's culture and the college may assign employees as needed to other areas or additional duties to foster this success.
Minimum Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree with at least two years (4,000 hours) related occupational experience. At least one year in the last five years, OR
- Associate's Degree with at least 3.5 years (7,000 hours) related occupational experience with at least one year in the last five years. Must be willing to complete Bachelor's degree within agreed upon timeframe.
- Must hold current certification in Radiography from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Teaching experience preferred
- Eligible for/or meets WTCS Instructor certification which includes occupational and professional experience and must be maintained
- Individual program certification may be required and must be maintained (ARRT)
Special Instructions/About Western
This position reports to: Associate Dean - Health & Public Safety Applicant review will begin: April 18, 2022 Start Date of: Fall 2022 Copies of Transcripts from regionally accredited colleges or universities are acceptable during the application process (originals will be required upon hire) Western is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our mission is to provide relevant, high quality education in a collaborative and sustainable environment that changes the lives of students and grows our communities. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Employer And Educator
Western Technical College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in the job application process to enable a qualified applicant to have an equal opportunity to be considered for a job as is provided to all Western employees. If you want to request an accommodation please contact the EEO/AA Compliance Officer at (608)785-9274.