Momentum Manufacturing Group with over 650 employees, is the largest metal fabrication, machining, and powder coating operation of its kind in Northern New England. As one of Northern Vermont’s most important employers, our workforce is the cornerstone of our business. Average tenure exceeds 8 years on all critical functions allowing for essential continuity of the manufacturing processes. The Company currently operates out of eight state of the art facilities in St Johnsbury, Vermont Groveton, NH, Amherst, NH, Franklin, NH, Georgetown, MA and Ipswich, MA totaling over 600,000 sq. ft. The establishment of manufacturing cells for select customers has created many cross functional teams within buildings. Lean Six Sigma Black Belts and Green Belts on staff lead the company in lean manufacturing practices and continuous improvement initiatives.
Job Summary: Metal Tronics Location, Georgetown, MA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring that final products meet customer specifications.
- Responsible for helping machine operators understand their objectives.
- Must have a basic understanding of inspection tools and how to use them.
- Experience in understanding blueprints required.
- Responsible for recording accurate inspection information when inspecting customer product.
- Some overtime hours may be required to meet customer expectations.
- Needs to be aware of safety requirements of the company.
- Contributes to team effort by being an important part of the Quality Team.
- Helps to contribute to the overall success of the company.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be honest, reliable, and conscientious.
- Tasks require basic comprehension of math, reading and writing skills.
- Must have basic understanding of computers.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Excel, Word, and e-mail a big plus.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Tasks require walking, bending, climbing, lifting, and standing.
- Tasks require the use of small hand tools, instruments, and materials 60% of the time.
- Tasks require visual inspection and reading measurement tools and instruments.
- Advanced knowledge of quality is welcome, and compensation based on experience.