Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ - BCPC) with annual revenues over $700 million and a market cap exceeding $4.0 billion. The company consists of three business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition & Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to developing the company into global market leadership positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit www.balchem.com
Reporting to the Regional Business Development Manager (RM), Technical Sales Professionals generate sales opportunities by using their technical expertise and product or industry specific knowledge. An individual in this type of role will be the primary salesperson in technical or scientific sale (acting as subject matter expert) with nutrition, veterinary, dairy, nutrient suppliers and influencers in the local sales territory. Technical Sales professionals leverage their expertise to build credibility and gather important information or specifications, allowing them to propose targeted solutions and close sales. Salesforce CRM is a part of the daily activity for planning, customer contact and communication with other team members.
- Analytical Thinking: Grasp the underlying concepts in complex information, identify root causes of problems, and formulate solutions based on a synthesis of information.
- Influence and Persuasion: Effective in persuading, convincing, influencing or impressing others to gain support of a specific agenda or to take a specific course of action.
- Information Seeking: Driven by an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people or issues. This goes beyond routine questions and includes digging or pressing for exact information, resolving discrepancies by asking questions or scanning for information that may be used in the future.
- Relationship Building: Develop effective long-term professional interactions with others based on trust: trust that they will always work toward the best interest of those involved and they are sufficiently competent to provide positive results.
- Negotiating: They identify key bargaining points for all parties and work effectively toward win-win solutions.
- Business Acumen: Individuals make sound business decisions based on a strong understanding of the company's business model, strategic goals and relevant policies.
- Learning Agility: They discern patterns in data, recognize relationships between concepts and rapidly apply learning from one context to solve analogous problems in different contexts.
- Planning and Priority Setting: Identify the priorities, processes and practical actions that are necessary to achieve an objective or idea. Develop detailed action or project plans including objectives, accountabilities, time frames, standards, review stages and contingencies.
- Composure and Resiliency: Able to deal effectively w/ pressure, maintain focus and intensity and remain optimistic and persistent, even under adversity. Ability to recover quickly form setbacks, rejections and conflicts and maintain self-control in the face of provocation.
- Accountability: Take responsibility for their own performance and accept full ownership of issues, problems and opportunities, regardless of the source.
- Degree in Life Sciences/Agriculture with 3+ years' experience in the market/territory to which they are applying. Advanced degree in Life Sciences/Agriculture or business school viewed as value added. Expanded skills and experience within the geography or region considered favorably.
Balchem is committed to a workplace culture that values and promotes diversity, inclusion, equal employment opportunities, and a work environment free of harassment and hostility.
Please see job description