We are seeking recent graduates who have a strong passion for client service to join GLG's Associate program.
Associates are the engine behind building GLG's Insight Network -the world's largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise. Associates recruit new executives and industry professionals into GLG's network of subject matter experts for time-sensitive consulting engagements while partnering with GLG's client-facing teams to ensure we delight our clients.
The Associate program has a direct path to GLG's client-facing Senior Associate role.
Promotions to Senior Associate typically occur between 9-12 months once specific quantitative and qualitative goals are achieved.
Key Associate Responsibilities Include
- Full-cycle recruiting -including but not limited to sourcing and vetting leads, performing various types of outreaches, pitching GLG's business model, and working hand in hand with client-facing teams and various support teams to fulfill client requests
- Partner closely with client-facing teams on recruiting projects; review client requests, understand project goals, and plan against deadlines to deliver timely experts
- Manage multiple recruiting projects at a time with fast project lifecycles; prioritize projects at various stages of the recruiting workflow and effectively communicate project status to client-facing team
- Creates a positive experience for experts through daily interactions to understand their capabilities and knowledge on specific client requests
- Adheres to and upholds GLG's compliance standards and company values to protect the integrity of client engagements
As an Associate, You Will Learn
- Excel in a fast-paced, metrics-driven, and challenging environment
- Develop strong, transferable business skills -including client service excellence, written and oral communication, time management, negotiating, problem solving, project and funnel management, and the ability to achieve commercial targets
- Collaborate with colleagues on and across teams to contribute to commercial success
- Mentor newer professionals
Ideal Candidates Also Have
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong interest in developing the skills to excel at client service in a high-volume environment
- Superior communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work responsibly, both independently and collaboratively, in a dynamic, and fast-paced environment with quickly shifting priorities
- High motivation to exceed personal weekly, monthly, and quarterly commercial metrics
- Confidence in making outbound cold calls
- Strong problem-solving skills and hustle attitude
- Coachable and receptive to feedback from internal stakeholders
- Insatiable desire to learn about new topics
- Willingness to work flexible and extended hours (including evenings and bank holidays) outside of the traditional workday (8:30AM -6PM), as needed based on client requests
- Proficiency in any of the following languages a plus: Spanish, Portuguese, and/or Mandarin
What We Offer
- Salary/Benefits: This position offers a competitive base salary, eligibility for a year-end performance-based discretionary bonus, and a comprehensive benefits program that includes our flexible/open PTO policy. All U.S. GLGers also have access to other benefits such as tuition reimbursement, wellness programs, speaker series events, employee resource groups, and ample social impact programs.
- Mobility: When certain performance and tenure requirements are met, employees can explore mobility opportunities in different roles, offices, and/or regions
- Work Environment: Although we are currently working from home due to the global pandemic, all of our U.S. offices are open for employees who would prefer to work in an office setting. Our U.S. offices offer numerous perks and vary by location. When working in our New York or Austin offices, employees can enjoy incentives such as complimentary meals, full service barista bars, and access to on-site gyms.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's insight network. Our clients rely on GLG's global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of approximately 1 million experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world's best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world's largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG's industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company's culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. ("GLG") is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.