Educational Leadership and Policy Studies: Adjunct Faculty Hiring Pool
Educational Leadership & Policy Studies
Job EEO Category
The University of Northern Colorado (UNC) is a public research university in the state of Colorado with more than 12,000 graduate and undergraduate students. The faculty and staff add another 1,400 members to the UNC community. UNC is a multipurpose institution offering a wide range of graduate and undergraduate degree programs in six academic colleges: Humanities and Social Sciences, Monfort College of Business, Education and Behavioral Sciences, Natural and Health Sciences, Performing and Visual Arts, and University Libraries. The University offers more than 2,000 academic courses.
One of the major priorities of the campus is the implementation of the University strategic plan: Rowing not Drifting 2030. The University of Northern Colorado is Colorado's leader in education. UNC sets the standard and models innovative strategies focused on the holistic growth, development, and life-long success of our students - this is how we define a Students First university.
Rowing, Not Drifting 2030 guides our direction and aspirations for the next decade of serving students and our community. As an emerging Hispanic Serving Institution, the University of Northern Colorado will be the institution the state looks to as the future of higher education. Our students will experience a personalized education grounded in liberal arts and infused with the critical and creative inquiry; establish relationships with faculty and staff that nurture individual development; gain the skills and knowledge that provide upward mobility among alumni; and share a commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Our vision takes shape in the form of five elements that serve as our foundation over the next ten years in support of and service to our students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community.
- Students First: We exist to transform the lives of our students. We focus on all aspects of their success by making intentional decisions to meet their needs and the needs of our community.
- Empower Inclusivity: The diversity within our university and state is a distinct advantage that we celebrate and nurture. We ensure learning occurs through meaningful discussion of shared and different experiences, viewpoints, and ideas.
- Enhance & Invest: The success of students relies on a healthy and strong team. We provide our staff and faculty with the support they need to succeed as professionals, educators, and in life. We foster an environment where their individual well-being and sense of belonging are vital to our collective success.
- Innovate & Create: Learning occurs through critical inquiry, discovery, and creation. We leverage technology and capitalize on opportunities to innovate and improve instruction. We anticipate and address societal needs by transforming the campus into a creative laboratory that asks questions, solves problems, and shapes Colorado's future.
- Connect & Celebrate: Strong community connections provide authentic learning experiences and reciprocal partnerships and collaborations. We set the standard for how engaged universities enrich the lives of those on campus, throughout Colorado, and beyond.
As you consider joining our community, it is important to know that UNC is dedicated to strengthening and advancing our collective work related to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We develop and learn more together with a diverse team. To achieve this, diversity for us represents differing perspectives, thoughts, and experiences. We value the individuality of the human distinctions of our staff because these distinctions benefit students, our community, and each other. We expect members of our community to stretch their learning edges about race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion, or physical ability. This is a significant way to honor the intersectionality of our university community. We appreciate the diverse contributions every individual makes to the UNC community. When you join the UNC community, you can expect to be part of a growing inclusive, innovative, and equity-minded community that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students, and community partners.
Teaching Master, Educational Specialist, and Education
Doctoral degree students and principal/administrator licensure students;
supervising doctoral research/dissertations; conducting and publishing
research; participating in program development; collaborating with other
higher education institutions, P-12 schools, and other educational
Doctorate in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies or related field.
Experience as a school or district administrator.
Posting Detail Information
Desired Start Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications will only be received at this link: https://careers.unco.edu/postings/4960. Attach a cover letter, curriculum vitae, list of references, and unofficial transcripts.
Salary and Benefits
Pay is $1300 per credit hour. Benefits available include a selection of several defined contribution retirement plans. Other benefits may be available based on position.
Additional Requirements and Information
Satisfactory completion of a background check, educational check, and authorization to work in the United States is required after a conditional offer of employment has been made. The successful candidate must submit original transcripts within one (1) month of hire.
Required Notice: In compliance with the Clery Act, the most recent University of Northern Colorado Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online (https://www.unco.edu/police/clery/security-report.aspx) and a paper copy can be requested at the UNC Police Department. This report contains crime statistics and policy statements related to safety, conduct processes and Title IX investigations.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of References
- Other Document