As a key member of the Wajax team the Parts & Service Technician is responsible for performing a wide variety of duties related to the timely delivery of parts, supplies and materials for inventory and support for the service department. Secondary functions include customer service in support of the business of service and parts sales to the market, ensuring efforts are made to support repeat business by supporting front counter/order desk, warehouse and back counter and support the Service Department with administration duties.
- Perform the role of main purchaser and inventory re-order.
- Ensured a balanced inventory consistent with the requirements of the service department. Monitor and adjust inventory to minimized obsolescence.
- Monitor and control inventory ensuring mins and maxes are correct and effective to services provided.
- Participate with regularly scheduled counts to ensure inventory is maintained and accurate.
- Ensure prompt, efficient and timely flow of paperwork.
- Maintain a follow-up on all open parts orders and advise the Service Department and/or Customers of the order delays.
- Prepares and processes necessary documentation for purchases, returns, warranty coverage and other work as required.
- Build and maintain strong customer relations including greeting customers, handling inquiries, providing price quotes and selling parts.
- Responds to customers in person, via telephone, or electronically in a timely and courteous manner; delivers strong service and salesmanship on the phone order desk and front counter parts sales.
- Covers and/or assists warehouse person in shipping product to both local and out-of-town customers utilizing appropriate shipping methods
- Supports the parts needs of the shop to meet work orders by looking up and billing parts to work orders; reviews work orders for accuracy of parts and modifies as needed.
- Picks stock for customers as required; receives and inputs stock using electronic systems.
- Produces accurate, timely and efficient documentation of all transactions within the parts team.
- Daily shipping & receiving
- Handle emergency orders
- Stock orders
- Inter branch transfers
- Service-Processing and issuing various invoices, purchase orders and warranty claims, tracking and reporting on department attendance, and assisting with payroll and bookkeeping responsibilities.
- Journeyman Parts Technician or equivalent work experience
Functional written and verbal communication skills.
Proven ability to work effectively with others.
A valid Driver’s License.
Since 1858, Wajax has been a leading industrial products and solutions provider continually innovating to serve Canadian industry coast-to-coast. We work in an extensive range of industries and core sectors of the Canadian economy including energy and renewables, food and beverage, construction, industrial/commercial, transportation, forestry, mining, metal processing, and oil and gas - to name a few. Everything we do is powered by people passionate about making a difference and who are dedicated to driving Canadian industry forward. People who provide the experience and expertise that support the industries that build our cities, power our businesses, put a roof over our heads and food on our tables.
Wajax offers a total compensation package that includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, learning and development, as well as some unique additional “perks.”
- 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits with no waiting period for eligibility.
- Wajax led e-learning, and product training through industry leading manufacturers.
- Exclusive discounts with a variety of manufacturers and service providers such as Ford, GM, Chrysler, Dell, TELUS, a group mortgage, home & auto insurance program and more.
By working with Wajax, you become part of an inclusive and diverse team that is dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are committed to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse communities across Canada in which we do business. As an equal opportunity employer, please inform us if any accommodation is required if contacted for an interview.
As a condition of employment, final candidates will be subject to pre-screening.
\\ Together we get more done.