is the Law Poster Supplement
EEO es la Ley cartel
Suplemento del documento EEO es la Ley
WI Contract Compliance Law
Colorado Anti-Discrimination Laws (English and
Employee Polygraph Protection Action
E-Verify Participation Poster
Right to Work Poster
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Physician - St. Louis, MO
FT/PT Status:Medical Services
Location:St. Louis (MO)
Explore our careers page to learn more about the benefits we offer! https://viventhealth.org/get-involved/careers/
Check out our Youtube channel to learn more about Vivent Health! https://youtu.be/5bu5M6m-GhI
Videos to explore!
1) The Basics - HIV Prevention and Testing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc6SpQDuNa8
2) How is HIV Transmitted? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8BwYFlTAGY
3) HIV: Fight Back with HIV Treatment - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhioUIYmv9Q&feature=youtu.be
4) HIV: Let's Reset What We Know - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd_7I6M07k0&feature=youtu.be
5) HIV: The Goal of Undetectable - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ1bIphjxbw&t=17s
The Clinic Physician is part of a multidisciplinary team that provides comprehensive medical care to patients with HIV or at risk of acquiring HIV. The Physician works autonomously as well as in collaboration with a variety of staff to diagnose and manage patients' health care problems. Participation in the development, expansion, and maintenance of the Vivent Health Medical Center medical program is expected.
The Physician is an integral member of the medical staff and has the responsibility to deliver the highest quality care to patients. The Physician provides HIV and primary health care to patients in a Medical Home model of integrated care, and in accordance with state regulations. The Physician also provides Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) and Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) treatment and may function as a resource for HIV/AIDS medical information for agency staff.
Scope of Responsibilities
Vivent Health is one of the nation's largest providers of HIV prevention, care and treatment services with a budget approaching $225 million and employing over 450 professionals.
The unique, nationally recognized Vivent Health HIV Medical home model of care assures that everyone with HIV has access to medical, dental, mental health and social services and provides the best opportunity for patients to achieve high quality health outcomes. Vivent Health also provides aggressive HIV prevention services to gay men, injection drug users and others at the highest risk for HIV infection.
Vivent Health currently operates in multiple states nationwide. It embraces a Market Culture to increase access to care, enhance quality outcomes, achieve and surpass financial performance expectations and has an aggressive plan to expand into additional states.
- Provide direct medical services to people accessing the Vivent Health Medical Center, including HIV, primary care, PrEP and STI treatment. Care includes, but is not limited to a comprehensive medical history, physical exam, assessment and development of a treatment plan. Order and interpret laboratory tests and diagnostic studies. Provide patient care to meet the total needs of the patient.
- Prescribe or recommend pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies including controlled substances as the law permits.
- Document treatment services provided or recommended in the Epic EHR.
- Assess patient needs for additional internal (e.g., case management) and external (e.g., specialty care) services. Refer and assist patients to ensure access to additional supportive services.
- Follow clinic protocols and procedures in providing and documenting services.
- Meet regularly with the Medical Director to discuss patient care and treatment.
- Educate patients on HIV disease, primary care issues, and adherence strategies to medications prescribed.
- Assess patient risk behaviors and educate patients in prevention of HIV transmission.
- Assist with development and implementation of clinic policies and procedures, clinical protocols, continuous quality improvement standards and program monitoring.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with the HIV medical community to enhance patient access to services including specialists and consultant care.
- Continually update own knowledge of HIV/AIDS through reading, conference attendance, lectures and other educational opportunities.
- Comply with the Vivent Health's Corporate Compliance Standards of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Assist Medical Director as needed in developing an annual budget and operations plan.
- Perform any and all other duties assigned by the Medical Director and/or Vice President of Operations.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Experience and Skills
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine and licensed to practice medicine in the respective state.
- A commitment to an integrated, collaborative care model, continuous quality improvement, and excellent patient relations in all aspects of the delivery of medical are and operations of a medical clinic
- Excellent written and verbal communications, research and analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- A commitment to participating in medical research on emerging HIV treatments
- A commitment to teamwork to build comprehensive systems of care and support for patients with HIV/AIDS
Additional Preferred Experience
- Experience in diagnosis and management of HIV infection. HIV or Infectious disease (ID) fellowship training is helpful, but not required.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions*
**Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer* *
Vivent Health is an equal opportunity employer and will recruit, hire, promote and transfer qualified persons into all job classifications regardless of race, gender, religion, skin color, national origin or ancestry, physical disability (including pregnancy) or mental disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, legally protected medical condition, family care status, marital status, veteran status, genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law. Vivent Health complies with other expanded protected classifications that may be mandated by specific county or municipal regulations. As a recipient of federal funding, Vivent Health will not hire nor enter into a contractual relationship with any party that is debarred, suspended, or excluded from federal assistance programs.
*Public Student Loan Forgiveness*
Employment at our organization may qualify you for federal student loan forgiveness programs. We do not directly pay for - nor forgive - federal student loans; however our status as a not-for-profit organization under Section 501 (c) (3), makes us an eligible employer. There may be other determining factors for one to qualify.
Please follow this URL to review one such program and their requirements: