Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
The Stowers Institute for Medical Research has an opening for a full-time Research Technician in the Cavefish Facility.
- Providing routine care and husbandry of fish including feeding, water exchanges, cleaning, and health monitoring.
- Developing and modifying standard operating procedures and practices which promote high-quality, cost-effective operation of the facility.
- Interacting with faculty, staff, researchers, and other teams to provide high quality, responsive animal care services.
- Monitoring supply and equipment inventory to sustain day-to-day operations.
- Maintaining accurate records including room logs, health reports, animal census, and other records as required.
- Preparing for all regulatory inspections.
Prior experience with aquatic animals and a basic understanding of system maintenance relating to aquaculture systems is preferred. The candidate will be required to gain ALAT certification through AALAS. Weekend and Holiday work will be required.
- Bachelor's degree in any of the life sciences (e.g., animal science, biology, microbiology, aquaculture).
- Basic computer skills and a working knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Self-motivation, excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work closely with other team members.
Submit the requested documents to (see application details) or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.
- Current Resume
- Cover Letter
Explore More Careers