Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Continuous Improvement Specialist
Chris-Craft is a premium boat manufacturer participating in the luxury goods industry looking for an enthusiastic Continuous Improvement Technician who wants to be part of a great team building a world-class product.
Plan, lead and execute Kaizen events and continuous improvement projects. Support the manufacture and assembly of marine related product lines through the implementation of lean principles. Work closely with the Continuous Improvement team to create flow, implement 6S initiatives and compile standard work.
- Embrace continuous improvement initiatives, cost reductions, quality, and manufacturability improvements.
- Perform project work in support of the implementation of Lean principles.
- Lead, assist and participate on Kaizen teams.
- Participate in the creation of a Lean work environment through the development of workstations, material presentation, metrics and workplace organization needs.
- Collect data for value stream mapping, process flow mapping and standard work.
- Support with manufacturing floor issues investigation and resolution.
- Ensure interdepartmental communication.
- Ensure timely and adequate completion of applicable phases of projects.
- Maintaining technical information in an organized and accessible way.
- Other assigned requirements as needed.
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing required; high-mix, low-volume experience is a plus.
- High school diploma required. College degree a plus.
- Proficiency in PC based tools with a focus on all Microsoft office applications.
- Able to work on a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Detail Oriented.
- Demonstrate effective time management.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and written.
- Boat building experience not required, but preferred.
- Bilingual is a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is expected to be able to climb stairs and occasionally lift 30lbs.
Chris-Craft is an Equal Opportunity Employer as well as a drug-free workplace. All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background screen. Your interest in becoming part of the team that builds the legend is greatly appreciated! Each application will be reviewed and those candidates that qualify will be contacted.