- Men's Socer
- Dubuque, IA, USA
- To be discussed at interview
- Full Time
Full Time Salary benefits
Loras College is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an educational and work environment that is inclusive, rich in diversity, and supportive of all students, faculty and staff. Individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Performs assistant soccer coaching duties, including recruitment of student-athletes in a National Collegiate Athletic Association Division III intercollegiate soccer program.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Assist in planning, organizing, and conducting practice sessions.
- Provides training direction, encouragement, and motivation in order to prepare athletes for games.
- Identifies and recruits potential student-athletes.
- Assist in plans and directs physical conditioning programs that will enable athletes to achieve maximum performance.
- Adjusts coaching techniques based on the strengths and weaknesses of athletes.
- Files scouting reports that detail player assessments, provides recommendations on athlete recruitment, and identifies locations and individuals to be targeted for future recruitment efforts.
- Keeps records of athlete, team, and opposing team performance.
- Analyzes the strengths and weaknesses of opposing teams in order to develop game strategies.
- Keeps abreast of changing rules, techniques, technologies, and philosophies relevant to soccer.
- Performs activities that support the soccer program, such as meeting with media representatives, alumni, boosters and the general public to publicize and promote the soccer program.
- Assists in selecting and acquiring uniforms, supplies and equipment.
- Supports the mission and vision of the College and respects the College's Catholic tradition.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Competitiveness - Willingness to strive to get ahead or to finish projects.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one's ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in any field. Master's degree preferred.
Experience: Two to four years related experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Other Requirements: Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of collegiate soccer. Knowledge of rules and regulations of NCAA Division III and the American Rivers Conference as they pertain to collegiate soccer.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Active environment with work places on the soccer field as assistant coach and sedentary office work as administrative assistant.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE. Applicants must go to: http://loras.applicantpool.com to apply. Please upload: your letter of application and resume. The finalist will need to pass a background check before receiving a written employment offer.