Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Process Metallurgist Engineer
Kaiser Aluminum (NASDAQ:KALU) is a leading producer of fabricated aluminum products for aerospace/high strength, general engineering, automotive and custom industrial applications. The Kaiser Aluminum Production Supervisor directs all shift production employees and ensures Safety, Quality and Production targets and standards are met, including Housekeeping.
A Quality Engineer, or QA Engineer, is responsible for determining production standards for a company's products by establishing quality control systems and setting standard process rules. Their duties include identifying the specifications for an ideal product, determining an appropriate level of variation and monitoring quality assurance rates. QA Engineer for Kaiser Aluminum must have experience in Metallurgy focused on aluminum and metal forming processes. Candidate is eligible for sign on bonus of up to $10,000 and relo allowance/package for the right candidate (depending on location of residence).
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead investigations into continuous quality and productivity improvements through root cause analysis of product defects
- Conduct parts performance analyses
- Determining materials and sizing of coils utilized in production, applicable specifications and requirements
- Ensuring aspects of the process, incoming coils, heat treatment and age ovens are able to produce products that meet engineering requirements
- Collaboration with Production and Maintenance members on control plan definition, materials production test protocols, initial process validation and re-validation
- Performing Failure Analysis and Root Cause Corrective Action for process and part anomalies or Quality check failures
- Experience in preparing material samples (grind, polish and etch) for metallographic examination
- Optimize existing processes by evaluating and implementing process development projects, daily monitoring, sampling, and testing
- Establish new part numbers and processes to meet Customer requirements. Will include the sourcing of new equipment as needed.
- Ability to work effectively in team situations or independently
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis including statistical tools (Mini-Tab, SAS JMP, SAS EG)
- Establish Personal Goals and Objectives annually that align with Departmental Goals and Objectives
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in Metallurgy or Metallurgical Engineering
- A demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement