At NYPA, IT is providing digital capabilities and driving innovation throughout the organization to achieve its VISION2030 Strategy and goals. The right individual will share our passion of digital technology, transformation, and enjoy working in a dynamic and agile environment based on high collaboration culture.
NYPA's vision for Data & Analytics is to manage "Data as an Asset" and leverage data to drive actionable insights to better serve its customers, employees, and other key stakeholders.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Lead is responsible for rapidly developing complex data visualizations, insights, and analytics to support the reporting needs across the enterprise. The BI Lead supports requests independently from beginning to end, working directly with senior business stakeholders across the organization. The BI Lead sets the strategy for BI & reporting and oversees the development and maintenance of new reporting processes, frameworks, and tools.#LI-AV1Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Develop and execute roadmap of business focused BI initiatives with a clear understanding of all deliverables and associated deadlines.
- Work closely with partners across the business to identify and support reporting needs -actively listen and translate business needs into data, report, and visualization outputs.
- Design and create innovative visualizations and dashboards to meet business needs, and work with functional owners to identify patterns, trends, and performance insights.
- Evaluate, implement, and maintain improved reporting and data visualization tools and platforms.
- Develop, manage, and improve BI and reporting framework and processes in line with the NYPA's strategic vision.
- Drive self-service BI, analytics and reporting as well as the effective use of Tableau, Power BI, and related data & toolsets by the widest possible audience.
- Lead the development of and deliver trainings/best practice guidelines to BI users across NYPA.
- Assist with coaching and mentoring junior team members and external resources.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Expert level knowledge and hands-on experience with Tableau and experience with other Data Visualization tools like Microsoft Power BI.
- Expert level knowledge of SQL, SQL scripting and the ability to design and implement complex relational models.
- Expertise creating reports, dashboards, and/or summarizing large amounts of data into actionable intelligence to drive business decisions required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with diverse audience across business and technical teams, and the confidence to present to senior leaders.
- Understanding of data science and the ability to support a data science team.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks across multiple projects with tight deadlines and aggressive goals.
- Familiarity with DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Subject matter knowledge of utilities companies is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required; Computer Science or related technical field, preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of IT/software development experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a developer or lead within an analytics or reporting function.
- Experience working with data both on prem and in the cloud.
The New York Power Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer