Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES SPECIALTY PRODUCTS GROUP
The Specialty Products Group, a division of Cascades, is a leader in the industrial packaging, food packaging and recovery sectors. The Group has 38 business units across North America and Europe and employs more than 2,200 employees.
Driving a Rear Packer, Roll-Off, Straight Truck and/or Pick-up truck to various customer locations to pick up their recycled materials. Must understand and practice the Company’s values, which includes treating each other with respect and dignity regardless of position and supports personal growth and continuous improvement.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Come to work well rested and mentally and physically prepared for your day’s duties.
- Complete Pre & Post-trip truck circle checks as per itemized inspection sheet.
- Complete any repair orders for your truck to ensure that your truck is in a safe condition.
- Immediately report any defects in equipment or workmanship, which may jeopardize the safe operation of your vehicle.
- Report any and all damage to the vehicle, its contents, or to the property of others due to an accident in which your vehicle is involved.
- As a representative of the Company, it is important to always be neat in appearance and courteous to our clients.
- Ensure that when arriving at a customer’s site that you advise the client of your presence.
- Ensure that all loads being transported are loaded in a safe and secure manner.
- Complete all job specific paper work including route sheets, work orders, scale tickets, mileage report and log book.
- Before leaving the client’s site, clean up any excess material that might have fallen off the full containers while placing them in your truck and/or fallen out of containers during the tarping and switching procedures.
- When driving a Roll-Off Truck
- Switch, install and/or remove roll-off containers
- Ensure that the compactor bin is secured in the truck
- Ensure that the compactor equipment is shut down and locked out before switching containers; and
- Pick-up and tarp partial/full roll-off container loads and transport loads to the proper facilities, as instructed by Dispatch, to be dumped.
- Valid DZ driver’s license with air brake endorsement
- Minimum 3 years truck driving experience would be preferred.
- Experience in a related industry (recycling, waste management, etc.) would be a definite asset.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Good knowledge of the City and surrounding areas
- Good communication skills
- Accuracy with weights and measures
- Strong customer service attitude
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both men and women.