Primary Objective of Position: The IT Engineer is responsible to contribute to technical aspects of IT solution delivery, strategic planning, and operational excellence. They will manage and implement solutions that meet business needs, and support the overall IT Strategy. They provide technical guidance with cross-organizational input and in accordance with business unit objectives. They are a consultant to business managers, architecture and security teams to drive cross-awareness of business needs and opportunities. They bring innovative solutions to the business line by leveraging their technical expertise. They identify and implement continuous improvement over cost, operation, and functionality of the solutions in their domain.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Solution Delivery: Lead and support solution lifecycle technical activities. Ensure solutions are designed for great user experience and operational performance. Lead design, ensuring Enterprise Architecture, Security, Operations and Compliance aspects are continuously integrated into solutions. Provide input to cost and schedule estimation. Responsible for overall integrity of system design and operation. Oversee vendor activities.
- Operations: Review solution performance, and continually assess health of systems. Track and drive awareness to operational and technical debt risks. Provide escalated support to incident and problem management. Utilize analytics to improve availability, reliability, efficiency and capacity. Oversee vendor activities.
- Relationship Management: Conduct peer reviews and approve system changes and technical solution design. Coach and mentor less experience team members. Partner cross-organizationally to drive minimal costs on optimal solutions. Provide in-depth technical information to stakeholders as needed.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Continuously stay current on, and apply, technical industry knowledge pertaining to the respective domain.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience managing the lifecycle of technical solutions.
- Deep Subject Matter Expertise within the respective system domain products, platforms, processes and architecture.
- Broad general knowledge of technology architecture, infrastructure, network, and software principles and models.
- Experience working in partnership with internal and external vendors.
- Proven analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Extensive knowledge of future technology trends within area of expertise.
- Demonstrated leadership on technical aspects of large scale projects.
- Experience with delivery methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum) and operational models (ITIL).
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Science, Business or related field, or 4 years of experience equivalent to the position.
- Excellent communication skills, effective with varying organizational levels and skill set, and able to translate between technical and non-technical concepts.
- Excellent Relationship Management and collaboration skills, with a track record of working as one team cross-organizationally to drive innovation and business results.
- 7 years of related functional experience in the Manufacturing, Finance, Sales and Service domains.
- Extensive experience in AX/ D365 ERP solutions and supporting ISVs like RFSMART, SKGLOBAL, VERTEX, etc.
- Experience with .NET programming.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Military-Friendly Employer