MLT's Career Prep Coaches are key members of the College Programs team with primary responsibility for guiding Fellows successfully through the 21-month personal and career development curriculum, based on the Coach's own experience in a professional work setting; contributing to the development of this curriculum and of seminar content; engaging with corporate partners to learn more about their job opportunities; and assisting with program execution and evaluation.
Career Prep Coaches also learn about and assess the qualities required for successful candidates to secure top internship and career opportunities in business, and Coaches are responsible for ensuring the program delivers a class of highly qualified candidates to present to corporate partner organizations. To this end, Coaches develop a keen understanding of the success profile expected in our target industries and have the ability to nurture and guide Fellows through their development until they exhibit these traits.
The ideal candidate has a background in Strategy or Management Consulting
and has a strong understanding of how to prepare undergraduates effectively for the recruitment and interview process for both internships and full-time roles as well as for on-the-job success in the sector. The Coach must possess excellent interpersonal and motivational skills in order to initiate strong relationships and build rapport with program Fellows, corporate partners, and MLT staff.
With significant growth underway in the Career Prep Program, MLT has options for both regular full-time and contract opportunities; post-Covid, these positions will continue to be remote work arrangements.
Learn more about MLT here.
MLT: Our Transformative Impact and How We Do It
MLT Impact Portfolio
- Evaluate and coach a portfolio of Fellows through our career management curriculum and through the development of and adherence to a personalized career roadmap
- Track, manage and record Fellow data and behavioral management in our database
- Develop, revise, and deliver content for Career Prep seminars and webinars, often in conjunction with corporate partners
- Collaborate with MLT's Partnerships team, and with corporate partners to understand the career opportunities available to undergraduates; identify, educate and prepare Fellows for their best potential opportunities
- Collaborate with and assist MLT's Fellow Recruitment team to develop and deploy recruitment strategies for each new class of fellows
- Read and evaluate applications to Career Prep and make recommendations for program admission
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or Master's degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a professional setting, with 2-3 years' experience in Strategy / Management Consulting and a strong professional success profile
- Demonstrated understanding of the bar for success in top organizations and how to coach Fellows to meet that bar
- Understanding of how organizations leverage and use Consultants to help drive success in an organizationUnderstanding of Consulting trends today and in the future (e.g., ways of working / working model, etc.)
- Ability to help fellows practice for case interviews and understand how interviewers are evaluating their responses (e.g., case frameworks, question and response, etc.)
- Experience tracking and reporting data (ideally utilizing Salesforce)
- Passion for and track record of coaching college students and/or professionals
- Ability to travel four weekends a year to program seminars/events (post-pandemic, hosted in various locations nationally)
MLT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace, and to modeling the highest degree of health standards for our Fellows, our Partners, and the communities we serve. We expect all MLT employees and contractors to be fully vaccinated - including the booster regimen - against the coronavirus (Covid 19), in accordance with ADA accommodations. Visitors to MLT's Bethesda, MD office or remote work sites should also expect to comply with this requirement.
Please apply to a position with MLT only if you are willing and able to prove that you are fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, regardless of work location.