Management Leadership for Tomorrow (MLT) is a non-profit organization that is changing the face of leadership in the private and social sectors. MLT provides high-achieving African Americans, Latinos, and Native Americans with a winning professional playbook, one-on-one coaching and door-opening relationships that accelerate their career paths from college to MBA to senior leadership. MLT has created a thriving network of more than 8,000 rising leaders and is fundamentally transforming the diverse talent pipelines at its partner organizations, including more than 100 leading corporations, nonprofits, and graduate business schools.
MLT is looking for an exceptional Advancement Officer, Alumni Philanthropy who, in partnership with MLT's Alumni Engagement team, will increase financial contributions from more than 8,000 Rising Leader alumni. A member of the Development team, the position will work in close collaboration with the Alumni Engagement team on regular communications to alumni, and identify alumni leaders who wish to engage deeply on targeted philanthropic projects such as outreach to companies and peers. This exciting role further systematizes MLT's approach to engaging stakeholders across various areas of capital, connectivity, influence and advice.
The Advancement Officer will report to the Senior Development Consultant and will be an integral part of the fundraising efforts of the Development department. A remote work arrangement in the San Francisco Bay Area is preferred.
The MLT Advancement Officer, Alumni Philanthropy:
- Develops strategies for setting and achieving goals for alumni giving
- Collaborates with the Alumni Engagement team to align development strategies with the existing alumni initiatives, inclusive of programming, communications, and career development efforts.
- Takes a holistic approach to engagement that strategically leverages alumni interests and giving capacity in ways that both meet MLT objectives and are of value to alumni.
- Designs and drives targeted communication plans to alumni to increase consideration for deepening contributions to MLT.
- Customizes development strategies for alumni that align with MLT goals and that will deepen long-term financial commitments.
- Listens actively to understand the alumni perspective and engages in high touch audience-centered communications to build meaningful and lasting stakeholder relationships.
Required Competencies & Qualifications:
- 7+ years relevant professional experience in identifying, cultivating and engaging stakeholders
- Experience building, implementing and managing relationship support plans from scratch, tracking success metrics and collaborating with colleagues to identify new engagement opportunities
- Deep commitment to racial equity and a passion for MLT's mission and values
- Comfortable with and willing to learn CRM support systems
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
MLT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace, and to modeling the highest degree of health standards for our Fellows, our Partners, and the communities we serve. We expect all MLT employees and contractors to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus (Covid 19), in accordance with ADA accommodations. Visitors to MLT's Bethesda, MD office or remote work sites should also expect to comply with this requirement.
Please apply to a position with MLT only if you are willing and able to prove that you are fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, regardless of work location.