Management Leadership for Tomorrow (MLT) is seeking an entrepreneurial professional to join our Program Recruitment & Admissions team. MLT prepares men and women of color to secure high trajectory post-college jobs that deliver economic mobility for their families, and then provides the social capital they need to become high-impact senior leaders who can transform our institutions and vulnerable communities. Spanning college through mid-career, MLT's programs have driven breakthrough results for more than 8,000 underrepresented minorities and 130+ partner organizations including leading corporations, social-sector organizations and universities.
As MLT enters a period of unprecedented growth, Admissions Recruitment Associates will play a crucial role in helping MLT expand our Fellow class into the thousands. Reporting to Recruitment Managers, the Career Prep (CP) Admissions Recruitment Associate will gain crucial professional experience to be a future leader in the DEI space. The Associate will rapidly help MLT scale the volume of students who learn about MLT and start / complete Career Prep applications. The Associate will also provide assistance in helping candidates move through the funnel through acceptance as Fellows, reviewing applications and providing technical support as needed. This is a great foot-in-the-door opportunity for an early-career professional or recent college grad pivoting into the social sector space.
Location preferences: San Francisco Bay Area or Washington, DC area
- Assist Recruitment Team with building and sustaining community partnerships
- Work with existing schools and organizations to nominate qualified candidates to the Career Prep Program during MLT's standard admissions timeline
- Tailor and communicate MLT's value proposition to different audiences
- Conduct research, gather data, and document to reflect opportunities, best practices, insights, and learnings which will inform the continued growth of the program.
- Assist with other program-related activities, as these will inform and evolve how the manager views their role in the organization
- Bachelor's degree required
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Action-oriented with ability to meet deadlines
- Savvy to best practices and trends in social media and brand advertising
- Salesforce, Asana, and Hubspot experience is a plus
- Awareness of professional career opportunities in business and technology and corresponding initiatives in higher education and the social sector
- Passionate about developing diverse talent, and ideally will have experience with and insight into the communities we serve
Core MLT Qualifications
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity
- Desire to work for a mission-driven organization and have a positive impact
- Flexible, adaptive problem solver
- Constant improvement through collaboration and a humble attitude towards feedback
- Resourceful and scrappy, a go-getter attitude that believes anything is possible
- Strong oral and written communicator
- Strong attention to detail
- Data-driven outlook with an ability to leverage core technologies to produce valuable insights and learnings
MLT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace, and to modeling the highest degree of health standards for our Fellows, our Partners, and the communities we serve. We expect all MLT employees and contractors to be fully vaccinated - including the booster regimen - against the coronavirus (Covid 19), in accordance with ADA accommodations. Visitors to MLT's Bethesda, MD office or remote work sites should also expect to comply with this requirement.
Please apply to a position with MLT only if you are willing and able to prove that you are fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, regardless of work location.