Job DetailsJob Location
NEW YORK - NEW YORK, NY Travel Percentage
Road WarriorJob Shift
Position Summary: The main purpose of Investigator is to investigate premises liability claims. To interview witness in person or on the phone; to take written and recorded statements. To prepare a captioned report according to company guidelines. To prepare RCR if the observe hazardous conditions while at the insured's premises.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make prompt (48-hour) contact with the insured employees and witnesses.
- Secure documents, such as tenant files, contracts, work records, logs, etc.
- Secure evidence such as photos and videos
- Take statements and photos. Prepare diagrams when appropriate.
- Prepare captioned report or interim report within 30 days from the date of assignment
- Secure/request public records (police, fire, DOB, etc.)
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years in law enforcement/military required OR prior experience as an insurance field investigator required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 preferred.
- Strong sense of urgency and assertiveness.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with insured personnel.
- Excellent investigative skills and intellectual curiosity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Ability to travel in the assigned territory required.
- Some lifting, bending, walking, climbing required.