Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Claims Examiner Trainee (Property)
NEW YORK - NEW YORK, NY Job Category
Position Summary: TheProperty Claim Examiner Traineeposition is an entry-level position within Property Claims. This opportunity is for those who desire to build a career in the field of Property and Casualty Insurance. Successful candidates will handle incoming claims with the guidance of the manager or experienced staff while also developing the necessary skills to handle claims on their own at a more complex level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the investigation and analytical skills necessary to properly evaluate and settle claims through close interaction with experienced staff in providing exceptional customer service and claims handling support.
- Review standard operating procedures and training manuals to determine correct workflow steps and document requirements when handling various claims scenarios.
- Develop proficiency in reviewing building estimates, expert and accounting reports, and in analyzing various contracts (leases, condo bylaws, contractor agreements).
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Some experience in insurance or legal preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 required.
- Some knowledge of basic building construction or repairing methods helpful.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to multitask and have strong organization skills required.
- Strong reading comprehension and business writing skills required.
- Assertiveness and intellectual curiosity, with the ability ask questions in a diplomatic manner required.
- Disciplined work ethic and a strong sense of urgency required.
- Experience with ImageRight and WINS a plus.
- Required to pass The Institutes Associate in Claims (AIC) 30; Claim Handling Principals and Practices course/examination within 120 days from their date of hire as a requirement of and to continue the Property Claims Trainee Program.