Neighborhood Goods is a contemporary evolution of and alternative to the department store.
Our in-house restaurant, Prim and Proper, features a range of offerings such as small plates, lunch, dinner, and desserts, as well as coffee and a full bar. We offer a hybrid service model, including counter-service, table-service, full bar and espresso selections, and take out.
Featuring an ever-changing landscape of the world's best brands and products, Neighborhood Goods is working to craft a cohesive and immersive retail and social environment for customers to explore and for brands to grow.
- Practical culinary/cook experience required
- Follow standardized recipes, cooking methods, portion controls, and packaging.
- Read food order slips or receive verbal instruction, and prepare food according to instructions and recipe.
- Maintain high standards in food preparation and assume responsibility for quality and quantity of products served while working on several different orders simultaneously.
- Knowledge of proper use and maintenance of relevant kitchen equipment and machinery.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and able to accurately prepare multiple orders in a timely manner.
- Wash and maintain clean dishes, glassware, flatware, trays, pots, and pans using dishwashers or washing manually, at times.
- Properly place clean dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in storage areas. Ensure kitchen work areas, equipment, and tools are clean and in orderly condition.
- Is detail-oriented, able to learn quickly, safety-minded, courteous, organized, customer-service focused and a great team player.
- Cut and prepare ingredients using basic knife skills.
- 2+ years of qualified cooking experience.
- Can perform basic reading, math and measurement calculations in English.
- Must be able to effectively and respectfully communicate with all levels of associates, management and vendors.
Some Benefits and Perks
- Competitive hourly pay
- Employee discounts
- Meals provided
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
We are an equal opportunity workplace committed to crafting a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.