Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
IS Internship - Infrastructure
Position Title: IS Internship - Infrastructure
Internship Duration: 10-14 weeks (May-August 2022)
Hiring Rate: $20/hr.
Location: Albany, NY
Last Revised: March 1,2022
Under the supervision of Information Services staff, serves in a temporary capacity as a Dormitory Authority student intern and assists with a wide range of technical support projects.
Assist with the following functions and undertake special assignments as directed.
- Troubleshoot and remediate infrastructure (Windows servers, network) problems
- Troubleshoot and remediate PC hardware and software problems
- Software upgrade on servers and PCs
- Office 365 applications support
- IT Helpdesk operations support
- PC imaging and setup
- Day-to-day operations for the maintenance of Active Directory (AD) including creation and maintenance of user accounts, AD groups, and network passwords
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Coordination. (Standards can be found on the Intranet.)
- Student interns are subject to and must comply with applicable laws, policies, procedures, and expectations for DASNY employees.
Must be a full-time matriculated undergraduate (sophomore level or above), or first year graduate student pursuing a degree in computer engineering, computer science, information technology, or related field.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Proficiency in PC applications such as Outlook, Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work on PC's, troubleshoot problems, monitor system health, and perform daily system operations tasks.
- Knowledge of Office 365 applications.
- Knowledge of Windows server setup, and Active Directory management.
Licenses & Certifications