We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, genetic information/characteristics, veteran or military status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation/modification to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability to assist in the hiring process, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in the interview process, please contact Human Resources at 214-699-4861 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Project Engineer will provide engineering design for various field projects and project support as necessary. This position will provide plans and specifications for safety, project management, design, construction, regulatory, and maintenance activities for SWD processing plants, pipelines, construction, measurement, well connects, pipeline repair and maintenance, and other construction and operational activities.
- Maintain company safety policies and procedures, and ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Provide leadership to a diverse group of professionals in a matrix organization for day-to-day engineering, construction support, and operations support. As a team, and in conjunction with the Project Manager, this effort also includes developing project scopes and designs, establishing equipment and material specifications, pipeline routing, facility layouts, and cost estimates.
- Develop engineering standards and specifications.
- Prepare and supervise, as needed, the preparation of drawings and Bills of Material, using AutoCAD or similar technology.
- Together with other stakeholders, solicit and evaluate construction bids and contracts; estimate costs and generate AFEs; Assist Project Managers in cost control, scope and execution schedule relative to budget.
- Provide technical expertise to the other managers for services provided by, or related to, pipeline and facility information.
- Coordinate with Project Management, other Engineering Functions, Commercial, Finance and Procurement departments to optimize and expand assets in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Update and manage facility mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Provide support for system planning including pipeline hydraulics, operations and maintenance.
- Provide information and feedback on engineering, construction, and operating plans, and related vendor agreements.
- Develop, promote and maintain positive working relationships with consultants, vendors, suppliers, contractors, and all departments within the company.
- Provide analytics and other information and feedback to management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
An engineering degree is required, with a degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred. Five to seven years of facilities work experience in the oil and gas industry, pipeline and facilities design, construction, and operations, is required. Experience with saltwater disposal facilities is preferred. Must be well versed and comfortable in MS Office, project management software, and various engineering software design tools.
This position requires a motivated and organized self-starter, who is able to manage his or her time efficiently and wisely in order to meet aggressive deadlines. Ability to manage deliverables for multiple projects simultaneously and while meeting individual schedule for the project is a must. This position requires a self-learner that demonstrates clear accountability, sound judgement and can adapt easily whether working independently or with a team. Candidate must possess strong communication and problem-solving skills.
Working Environment/Physical Requirements:
Working conditions are normal for an office environment, plus occasional work in outdoor environments requiring safety procedures and exposure to varying weather conditions. This position must be able to move around the office or SWD site up to 10% of the time; This position constantly operates computers, printers and other office productivity machines (e.g., fax machine, copier, printer, etc.). Must be able to occasionally climb ladders, crawl, crouch and kneel. Occasional lifting required up to 15 lbs. This position requires frequent communication and exchange of information verbally and in writing. This position must be able to inspect and observe information on a computer screen at least 80% of the time.
Work could be in adverse driving and inclement weather conditions, and frequent work with and around high-pressure water pipelines, possibly toxic chemicals and flammable products, moving and/or hot and cold equipment, and high noise levels. This position will require frequent (up to 25%) overnight travel to our field locations, within the US. Candidate must possess valid driver's license and a clean driving record. Must be willing to work outside of normal business hours and have a flexible schedule.
Number of Openings
About the Organization
Goodnight Midstream provides trusted oilfield water management to oil and gas producers. The Company owns and operates an extensive network of water gathering pipelines and saltwater disposal wells focused on gathering and disposing of produced saltwater for its customers. Goodnight's Midstream approach minimizes environmental impact and improves health and safety while lowering lease operating expense and improving reliability for its customers.
The Company is supported by a team of highly experienced engineers and operating professionals. Goodnight Midstream operates in the most active basins in the United States with significant positions in the Permian Basin and the Bakken Formation as well as an expanding footprint in the Eagle Ford Shale. For more information, please visit www.goodnightmidstream.com.
This position is currently accepting applications.