Retail Sales & Execution Specialist
at Square Roots
About Square Roots
Square Roots is the technology leader in indoor farming. We create meaningful jobs in modern farming, empowering a new generation of leaders in agriculture. With production farms in Brooklyn, NY, Kenosha, WI, and Grand Rapids, MI (with more to come in 2022!), Square Roots is on a mission to responsibly bring our locally grown food to people in cities around the world, all year round.
The way we operate our business and operate our farms is better for local communities. Everyone on the Square Roots team-from farmers to engineers, commercial experts to operations specialists-is supported, connected, and empowered to do their best work to help Square Roots achieve its goals as a company.
About the Role
The Retail Execution Specialist will support Square Roots revenue goals through independent store acquisition, merchandising stores, and maintaining strong customer relationships in store as the "feet on the street" for our centralized sales team. This role will be part of the sales organization and collaborate closely with other sales, operations, and central team members, regularly sharing information and escalating issues to the appropriate customer relationship manager, operations, and leadership team members, if needed. The Retail Execution Specialist will eventually report to the Senior Retail Execution Specialist when hired.
- Advance the acquisition, development, and sales growth for independent retailers of a given campus.
- Develop and maintain relationships in store by building rapport and communicating effectively with produce managers and store owners to drive orders and store expansion, support the feedback loop between sales/operations/farming, and ensure superior customer service.
- Be responsible for merchandising stores of existing and newly activated customers of a given campus. Retail detail includes remedy void and tag issues, new item cut-ins, and checking stock codes.
- Monitor in store when issues arise relating to orders, deliveries, and out of stocks, sharing feedback with operations team members of a given campus to quickly resolve.
- Coordinate with merchandising partners of a given campus (i.e. Dirty Hands), if applicable, to fulfill POS assets/collateral requests and avoid overlap in merchandising efforts to maximize store coverage for Square Roots.
- Maintain continual awareness of the competitive environment by visiting stores regularly and sharing observations with sales and marketing team members.
- Collaborate with marketing team members on retailer sell-in materials and in-store merchandising/POS needs, as well as support execution of local marketing efforts as needed (i.e. influencer send outs).
You have experience with:
- Experience in merchandising required.
- Experience in sales a plus.
- Addressing retailer specific requests/requirements in store.
- Located in Kenosha/surrounding areas.
- Dedicated to COVID safety in all internal and external interactions.
- Able to manage time and deadlines.
- Driver's license / can pass a driving record check / has reliable vehicle.
- A "can do/do whatever it takes to get the job done" attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage/build strong relationships with customers and internal team members.
- Flexibility to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about real, local food.
- A team player that likes to wear many hats.
- You are extremely flexible and enjoy a "high-change" environment where priorities can shift from day to day.
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
- A great listener who iterates quickly.
You'll love working at Square Roots because:
- We're here to change the food system. You'll have the opportunity to play a significant role in our work at the intersection of technology, farming, and the global food industry - and we're only just getting started.
- Our team is driven by a shared set of values. These keep us aligned and remind us how to show up every day in the face of growth and ambiguity. Whether you're in the office or on the farms, collaboration, respect, optimism, and humility are all embraced, and we seek to empower people at every step. Ask us about the rest!
- Benefits and perks, of course. We're all here first and foremost to play our part in the mission, but medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible work-life culture, and lots of samples of the delicious food we grow certainly do not hurt.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
New employees are required to be fully vaccinated prior to their start date. The definition of fully vaccinated includes a booster for those that are eligible.
You are considered fully vaccinated if:
- You have received a full series of the vaccine recently (meaning 2 doses within 5 months for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, or 1 dose within 2 months for Johnson and Johnson).
- You received your full series over 5 months ago for Pfizer and Moderna or over 2 months ago for Johnson and Johnson, and have also received a booster shot.
Proof of vaccination is required during the hiring process, and employees will be required to get booster shots as they become eligible to maintain their fully-vaccinated status.
As federal guidance on booster shots evolves, the definition of 'fully vaccinated' may change.
In accordance with EEOC guidance, if you are not vaccinated or do not intend to be due to medical reasons or deeply held religious beliefs, you may make an accommodation request and Square Roots will make a reasonable effort to accommodate you, subject to the requirements of the role you are applying for.
Failure to be fully vaccinated by start date without a documented accommodation will result in offer rescindment or termination.