Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS' relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
The Advisor - Global People Services (GPS) will provide organizational support to the GPS leadership team as well as the current and planned GPS projects. CRS GPS is a new, transformational approach to how we support our staff around the globe and these projects will provide solutions that meet the needs of our global workforce. The efforts will require coordinating multiple work streams, and result in an enhanced employee experience at scale. The Advisor- GPS will report directly to the Executive Vice President - Global People Services (EVP-GPS) and will work in close coordination with the GPS leadership team. Key responsibilities include planning and managing multi-year projects and department budgets. The Advisor will organize and coordinate project meetings and work with the team to ensure GPS projects and initiatives remain on task and on time.
Strategy & Planning
- Actively participate in all aspects of strategy development, planning, facilitation, management, and reporting.
- Manage and coordinate the multi-year GPS department planning process.
- Manage the coordination and reporting of GPS Key Performance Indicators, ensuring goals are on track and on time.
- Coordinate annual review of any GPS strategic investments and updates to agency-wide strategy.
Project Management & Process Improvement
- Create and maintain a multi-year project roadmap for GPS projects.
- Develop timelines and processes for the implementation and reporting for all GPS projects.
- Lead project review and continuous improvement plans; measure and monitor progress.
- Create project plans and status reports that demonstrate that GPS is managing risks and resolving issues that affect project release scope, schedule and quality.
- Plan and manage GPS budgets, help prepare annual budget guidance.
- Administer the HR annual budget.
- Monitor HR expenditures to date, identifying and resolving budget variances.
- Act as a liaison with all budget managers within HR, act as an internal expert for all budget processes (planning, monitoring, reconciling)
Board & Departmental Support
- Manage the coordination to prepare Board materials for HR related governance needs in support of the Executive, Compensation & Human Resource Committee.
- Develop and manage document management for the GPS team.
- Manage an administrative assistant who will provide administrative support for the Provide oversight of the administrative support for the department & EVP-GPS
- In conjunction with administrative assistant, prepare correspondence as needed on behalf of the EVP- GPS.
- Ensure effective and efficient time management for meetings, calendar scheduling and project timelines.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Administrative Assistant
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: HR Department, Executive Leadership Team, Executive and Administrative Assistants
External: vendors, partners, and consultants
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university, or equivalent experience,
- Minimum five years' experience in providing coordination and support to a team, preferably in human resources, finance or through a service center model
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, including timelines, outputs, and budgets
- Excellent organizational skills and able to plan and handle multiple tasks and priorities,
- Able to produce high-quality work under pressure and deadlines,
- Extremely strong written communication skills (voice, grammar, formatting)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment,
- Extensive experience using information technology to conduct work including (e.g., Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be accountable for high quality results
- Ability to find creative solutions, leveraging networks to find answers and to get things done
- Experience managing projects and with using project management software (e.g. MS Project)
- Experience organizing large meetings using virtual meeting platforms (e.g., Microsoft Teams)
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people - especially children and vulnerable adults - to live free from abuse and harm.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions)
Primary Location: HQ-US-MarylandJob: Cross-FunctionalOrganization: Catholic Relief ServicesSchedule: RegularShift: StandardJob Type: Full-time Day JobJob Posting: Aug 25, 2021, 1:26:09 PM