Job Title: Financial Systems Analyst I
Department/Location: Finance/HQ Baltimore
Reports To: Financial Systems Manager
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
This position helps to maintain and improve the agency's business processes and use of financial systems and data. It provides support for improvement efforts which generally occur through a combination of staff training and the implementation of new or enhanced technology.
* Create and maintain reports using Oracle report design software such as BI Publisher and OTBI. Identify data sources in the Oracle database as needed for correct and efficient reports.
* Identify, investigate, and resolve technical application problems.
* Identify, recommend, and help implement improvements in business processes, systems, and data usage.
* Perform system operations, reconciliations, data integrity validations, and financial closing procedures.
* Provide technical support and training to users.
* Design and perform software tests.
* Maintain configuration data for business operations.
* Help develop and maintain training plans and materials.
* Perform a variety of tasks in project work. These may include, but are not limited to:
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Financial Systems team
Headquarters and Overseas Finance staff
Global Knowledge and Information Management (GKIM) staff
External: Software support personnel
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
* Analytical, critical-thinking, and problem-solving skills
* Typing/Keyboard skills (>40 wpm)
* Ability to learn technical concepts from manuals and documentation
* Ability to identify and implement procedural and technical improvements
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people - especially children and vulnerable adults - to live free from abuse and harm.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Physical Requirements/Environment: Telecommuting is considered. The position reports through CRS/HQ in Baltimore and generally works during US Eastern time zone working hours. This position may require occasional (<15%) overseas or domestic travel.