Western Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region and is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all co-workers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn, dedicated to serving students, and committed to the principles of equity and social justice. Western believes that serving the full breadth of our student and co-worker populations requires cultural competency and enthusiasm for diversity of all kinds. We recognize the intersectional nature of discrimination and are committed to counteracting these biases and eliminating the effects they have had on our students, co-workers, and communities. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching, learning, social justice and equity, please consider this employment opportunity at Western.
Summary of Position: Performs administrative and front-line office support activities for the campus to facilitate the efficient operation of the Regional Learning Center including answering phones and directing walk-in traffic. May resolve issues within the scope of position to ensure the department runs smoothly in the absence of the Campus Coordinator. Provides excellent customer service while maintaining FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) and HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act) regulations. Support and provide backup for other office personnel. May process, verify, and maintain personal and confidential information.
The Campus Support Assistant will work with other members of the RLC staff and independently. Hours will be variable and intermittent based on the needs of the Regional Learning Center.
1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect. Regular attendance is required.
2. Perform office function's which may include, but are not limited to: respond to internal/external customers and staff; create and modify documents, records, and reports using College standard software; maintain hard copy and/or electronic filing system; monitor inventory and budget information; schedule, coordinate, and prepare materials for meetings and/or appointments.
3. Complete all required College training and responsible for maintaining the skills necessary to complete the essential functions of the position as defined by the department.
4. Student Success is the cornerstone of Western's culture and the college may assign employees as needed to other areas or additional duties to foster this success.
5. Administrative Support - Supporting Action/Task May Include:
This position reports to: Campus Coordinator
Starting salary range: $15/hour
This position would be a part-time (variable and intermittent hours) non-benefit eligible position. Hours and availability will be discussed at the interview.
Applicant review will begin: February 14, 2022
Start Date of: March 2022
Copies of Transcripts from regionally accredited colleges or universities are acceptable during the application process (originals will be required upon hire)
Western is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our mission is to provide relevant, high quality education in a collaborative and sustainable environment that changes the lives of students and grows our communities. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Employer And Educator
Western Technical College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in the job application process to enable a qualified applicant to have an equal opportunity to be considered for a job as is provided to all Western employees. If you want to request an accommodation please contact the EEO/AA Compliance Officer at (608)785-9274.