Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet-and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We've got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington's Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones-and we wouldn't have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we're committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people-and that starts with our employees.Who we're looking for:
We're looking for a Head of Learning & Development and Quality Assurance to join our Skills & Knowledge Program Management team at Rover. In this role, you will lead critical initiatives and manage a team of trainers, instructional designers, and quality assurance auditors as well as a portfolio of programs and projects to support business growth and delight our customers. With your functional expertise in learning and development and customer support center quality assurance, along with a strong understanding of business strategy and priorities, you will provide thought leadership, structure, and hands-on oversight to drive successful, measurable outcomes through effective coordination across teams. You will help Rover Operations achieve its business objectives by creating and leading engaging, impactful learning and development programs and leading the quality assurance team in order to help our employees advance their skills and knowledge.
The ideal candidate lives to serve customers and their team. You thrive in a constantly evolving, fast-paced technology environment. You act quickly to identify, implement and improve key metrics, and solve high-impact business problems. You embrace ambiguous operating environments and leading change. You are passionate about helping people learn and grow. If you have a voracious appetite for interacting with data to solve problems, enjoy partnering with numerous organization stakeholders, and live to deliver outstanding results, this role may be for you.
- Manage activities of multiple functions with company-wide impact, including training facilitation, instructional design, learning technology, professional development, and quality assurance auditing; oversee costs, methods, and staffing.
- Identify and solve for gaps and emerging needs in programs, process capabilities, and business rhythms to support long-term, profitable business growth.
- Drive successful program, project, and process management for learning and development across Operations, aligning tools and approach across teams.
- Lead development, implementation, and oversight of key metrics and reporting rhythms for learning and development across Operations to drive strategy, execution, and consistently achieve service level agreements.
- Confidently leverage data and analytics to tackle broad, ambiguous questions that significantly impact Rover Operations' effectiveness and our customers' experience. Key areas of focus could include improving learning outcomes, identifying and actioning individual and group professional development needs, planning and executing improvements in the agent training experience based on quality assurance trends, and optimizing the use of learning technology within Operations.
- Elevate teams' knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools within learning and development and quality assurance auditing
- Educate Operations leaders and key stakeholders on effective project planning, project management, and execution.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, providing thought and change leadership.
- Hire, coach, develop and hold accountable a diverse, high-performing team aligned with Rover's core values; lead and mentor other people managers.
- Create, execute, and evolve learning and quality auditing strategies and programs.
- Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of their learning opportunities.
- Ensure OKRs (objectives and key results) directly support Rover's overall success; interact and build relationships with, and effectively influence, senior leaders on opportunities and impacts related to areas of responsibility.
- As a member of Rover Operations' leadership team, drive execution of strategies and OKRs.
- 5+ years of experience as a proven leader of corporate learning and development and quality assurance, ideally within an Operations or other customer-facing environment.
- 5+ years experience and successful application of the principles, standards and tools associated with business analysis, program/project management.
- Strong people management experience, including managing other people managers.
- Current knowledge of effective adult learning and customer service quality assurance auditing methodologies, techniques, and practices.
- Experience managing and using various Learning Management Systems (LMS), eLearning authoring tools, and quality assurance auditing tools.
- Strong financial acumen and data analysis skills: ability to confidently leverage data and financial analysis to understand problems, identify options, inform decisions and drive targeted outcomes.
- Ability to build and foster strong relationships, establish trust, and achieve alignment across the organization.
- Communication and presentation skills to drive vision and strategy.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change, and influences others to change.
- Effectively navigates ambiguity, with a strong bias for action.
- Exceptional coach and mentor.
- Inspires and achieves results through teams; establishes culture of candor, accountability, and speed.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more (currently being performed virtually due to Covid19)
- Due to COVID-19, Rover Employees are not required to be in office until January 2022 at the earliest. All new hires will be expected to work from Seattle/ Spokane/ Barcelona once Rover Employees return to office.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We're driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Apply for this job