Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Ward Clerk (Nursing)
Uses time-management-skills in accomplishing general duties and assisting in non-nursing functions, as directed.
- * Performs general, non-nursing duties supporting operational performance of ward including, but not limited to:
- Placing and receiving phone calls.
- Answering patient call bells and relaying messages.
- Reviewing and maintaining patient charts.
- Collecting and organizing all patient data.
- Transcribing physician orders.
- Maintaining unit areas in clean, neat manner and restocking supplies, as needed.
- Returning soiled equipment to Central Supply.
- Returning patient charts to Medical Records.
- Monitoring patient ID - wrist bands, bed utensils
- Maintaining accurate census sheet and/or diet roster.
- Responding appropriately to changes and/or emergencies.
- Anticipating work-flow and completing assigned/necessary tasks in allotted time.
- Using equipment/machines related to assigned duties.
- Wearing appropriate uniform.
- Keeping supervisor informed of any problems.
- Performs related duties, as required
*ADA Essentials Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Prior clerical experience, preferred.
- Typing 30 wpm and/or data entry skills (80 keystrokes per minute), required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, required