Job DetailsJob Location
Uwajimaya - Seattle - Seattle, WAPosition Type
Full Time Salary Range
$18.95 Job Shift
ABOUT US: Uwajimaya, Inc. is the largest Asian grocery/gift store in the Pacific Northwest. As an iconic family-owned business with deep roots in the Northwest, we are committed to supporting and sharing traditions and building communities.
Our mission is to be the premier location where patrons will come to experience Asian cultures and foods through an impressive variety of high-quality products from around the world. Uwajimaya prides itself in providing exceptional customer service and is in the business of creating moments of ease, discovery and delight by providing Asian culture, experiences and goods to the communities we serve.
The Deli Assistant Manager's main responsibilities are:
- Oversee the overall deli department in the absence of the Deli Manager and Assistant Deli Manager.
- Assign duties to deli employees, direct and monitor their activities/productivities.
- Effectively train and coach employees in meeting the department standards.
- Assist and coordinate the department schedule with the Assistant Deli Manager.
- Resolve customer, employee and/or product issues and concerns in a timely manner, ask for assistance when needed.
- Ensure the deli operations is in compliance with the state and county health & food safety standards.
- Oversee and minimize shrinkage costs of food items and control excessive use of utilities.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Minimum of three years prior cooking experience (if supervising kitchen staff)
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Prior customer service experience required.
- Basic math skills and proficient in Microsoft Office-Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to multi-tasks and prioritize
- Flexible schedule
- Food Handlers permit
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.