Would you like to join an amazing team making a difference in your community? Do you have experience in the Social Work or Human Services field working with children and families? Arizona's Children Association is looking for a Program Supervisor to join the team and oversee our Home Assessment and Courtesy Supervision (HACS) and Interstate Compact for the Placement of Children (ICPC) contracts. As this is a supervisory position, you will be supervising professional staff and will be accountable for program outcomes.
Who We Are:
Founded in 1912, Arizona's Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with AzCA, you'll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
Why You'll Love Working for Us:
At Arizona's Children Association, our employees are our most valuable asset; and as such we offer a wide range of benefits to aid your health and wellness including:
- We have a whole new comprehensive benefits package for 2021! All full time employees working 30 hours or more per week are eligible and we offer several plans for each so you can choose the option right for you and your family which includes:
- Medical provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona, Dental and Vision provided by MetLife
- We offer several plans so you can choose the option right for you and your family
- Plans are effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment
- We also offer: Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA), Life and AD&D, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program provided by Cura Linc
- Employee Wellness and Support Time every Friday morning
- Flexible Schedules
- Generous paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid holidays
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan provided through Mutual of America
- Tuition Reimbursement and Discounts
Find your passion. Join our team!
What You'll Do:
- Provides supervision and support to staff. Knowledgeable, available, responsible, accountable, professional, critical thinking/problem solving abilities, resourceful
- Oversees the services performed by contracted staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Provides consultation and organizes training opportunities and sharing of staff expertise for assigned program area.
- Provides supervisions, coaching and performance evaluations according with Agency's standards.
- Interviews and selects candidates to fill open positions following agency best practices.
- Conducts program evaluation and applied research activities within the program.
- Assesses the needs pertaining to program area, and meets those needs with existing resources or recommends the development of additional resources and relays information to the Director.
- Partner effectively with support areas to include finance, human resources, IT, facilities, etc.
- Implements program services in accordance with contract requirements.
- Assists director and/or leadership with the fiscal management of program, including monitoring of all income and expenditures as applicable to program area.
- Communicates with referral sources in specific program areas to maintain a working and problem-solving relationship.
- Professionally communicate program services and needs to internally and externally.
- Acts as a resource to staff as needed for crisis situations.
- Is subject matter expert and represents director in absentia
- Participates in the Agency budgeting process.
- Consults with the director and/or leadership in regard to funding applications.
- May be required to conduct assessment and services.
- Provides crisis intervention to walk-in clients.
- Oversees specialized programs which may include first responders and volunteer programs.
- Over sees facilities management where required.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or related field of study from an accredited college or university and at least 2 years professional experience in the behavioral health/child welfare field, required
- Master's degree in related field of study with 1 year experience in behavioral health /child welfare field.
- 1 year supervisory experience or escalating responsibility preferred.
Minimum Qualification & Requirements:
- Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
- Possess a valid Arizona driver's license and be insurable under the agency's automobile policy.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients' homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies.
- Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
- Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
- May be required to travel for program and agency required meetings.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends to accommodate client schedules. An individual may qualify for this position if the individual is able to "perform safely" the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Arizona's Children Association we are passionate about creating an inclusive
workplace that not only promotes, but values and celebrates diversity. Our goal is to create an inclusive
workplace and culture to better serve our children, families and community.
like the uniqueness of the families we serve, we strive to be diverse in:
color, ethnicity, national origin, culture, language, gender, age, sexual
orientation/preference, gender identity and expression, disability and/or
diagnosis, marital status, religion, status, or any other protected status.
does not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these