*WPG offers a hybrid work schedule
Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
* Contacts tenants in regards to past due accounts.
* Receives customer complaints regarding charges on account.
* Researches disputed delinquent account balances.
* Receives and responds to tenants' correspondence by mail concerning questions and charges on accounts.
* Receives NSF checks and prepares adjustments
* Contacts tenants on NSF checks to get replacements
* Makes copies of monthly invoices and faxes to tenant when they need replacement copy to pay the monthly rent.
* Makes copies of year end bills that tenants have lost and submits to get payment on accounts.
* Understand and interpret lease language
* Prepare workout spreadsheets (using Excel) for tenants in default or Legal status, as needed.
* Defend Company's stance on charges and work through tenant disputes
* Work with Property Accounting department on disputes to resolve and collect monies or have the tenant's account corrected.
* Strive to collect delinquencies while maintaining professional conduct in dealings with tenants, other departments, and management.
* Performs other duties as required.
Skills (Desired Abilities):
* Ability to perform a high volume of numerical detail work with speed and accuracy.
* Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to get along with diverse personalities
* Strong knowledge of the Fair Debt Collection Act, and state and federal laws concerning collection activities.
* Good working knowledge of bookkeeping theories and/or basic accounting principles.
* Excellent keyboarding skills.
* Working knowledge of Excel.
* Ability to operate 10 key calculator by touch.
* Regular, predictable attendance
* Ability to work in stressful environment
* Ability to work peacefully with co-workers
* Performs duties on other job duties as assigned
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
* Associate's Degree in business, or equivalent preferred.
* 2-3 years experience in collection work: REIT collections experience preferred.
Washington Prime Group offers:
* Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including health, dental, 401k with no vesting schedule, and paid time off
* On-going learning opportunities within a rewarding work environment
* Career experiences that can span different WPG departments and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
WPG offers hybrid work schedule
Washington Prime Group is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and equality. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our associates bring to their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but also, our reputation and our company's achievements.