Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
At Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc., a leading designer, marketer and distributor of small household and commercial appliances, our culture is one of hard work, ethical behavior, and teamwork. We roll up our sleeves and work hard to create products that have been pleasing customers for over 100 years. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes a hybrid work schedule, paid parental leave, health, dental and vision insurances, 401(k), paid vacation, paid charitable time off, "summer hours" which is a great opportunity for long weekends all summer long, a quarterly subsidy to help cover the costs associated with staying fit, the ability to purchase our products at a discounted cost, employee recognition, team building activities, a casual dress code, and flexible hours just to name a few of the advantages of working for this dynamic company.
The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst supports the Financial Reporting team with review of the Company's internal controls over financial reporting, and timely and accurate SEC reporting under the US GAAP.
- Owner of SOX compliance programs as it relates to external reporting and management compliance and attestation, including monitoring of internal controls over financial reporting for foreign subsidiaries
- Assist with the Company's SEC reporting process. This includes determining and requesting information needed for disclosure, coordination of drafting the 10-Q's and 10-K's and completion of disclosure checklists in a timely and accurate manner and reviewing the XBRL tagging. Assist in drafting and filing 8-K's, the proxy statement, the annual report, and registration statements. Assists in the quarterly earnings release process including the preparation of earnings release financial tables and review/tie-out of press release and related financial data. Assists in reviews of any investor presentations. Responsible for the consolidation in Workiva of the financials as well as owner of the control documents and support utilized for SEC filings from Workiva
- Conducting research on various technical accounting issues in order to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP especially as it relates to pension accounting and funding
- Assist in the review of financial statements for consistency and appropriate adoption of new accounting standards
- Responsible for responding to requests from internal and external auditors
- Participates in quarterly and annual business reviews to facilitate an understanding of business issues, assist in drafting MD&A and identify potential accounting issues
- Remain current on accounting trends, techniques, policy and standard changes and SEC requirements through continuing professional education
- Manages or supports special projects as assigned
- BS degree in accounting
- 5 plus years of related financial reporting/public accounting experience with public company financial reporting strongly preferred
- Knowledge of internal controls over financial reporting and ability to help establish department processes and controls and prepare and maintain appropriate documentation
- Strong grasp of US GAAP and SEC reporting obligations for public companies
- Excellent financial analysis skills and Excel and Web filings software skills required. Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Strong work ethic and commitment to achievement of team goals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and must demonstrate exemplary attention to detail
- Strong project management and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple projects effectively
- Big 4 accounting firm highly desirable
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
Our employees enjoy working in a tobacco-free and drug-free environment. We do not consider candidates who use tobacco products. Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.E-Verify.gov.
If you are interested and qualified for this role, please apply HERE.