MEDICAL ASSISTANT - Everett - (On-Call)
Compass Health is currently looking for a Medical Assistant to join our Medical Services team in Everett. Our new Medical Assistant will provide support to medical provider staff by preparing patients for examinations, responding to patient phone calls and relaying patient concerns and symptoms to providers, monitoring prescription refills and medication monitoring lab, calling prescriptions, and administering medications. Administrative duties may include providing general administrative support by performing a variety of moderately complex clerical duties.
- Current Washington State Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) credential.
- Proof of successful completion of any of the following exams - AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or AMCA.
- Proof of completion of a medical assistant training program that meets the requirements for credentialing as determined by the Secretary of Health. Can include a medical assistant program offered through an accredited school, a registered apprenticeship program administered by WA State, post-secondary education and on-the-job training of at least 720 documented hours, and/or military training or experience.
- 1+ year of related practical experience preferred.
- Phlebotomy certification preferred.
- Experience in, mental health or social services field preferred.
- Knowledge of medication use and potential side effects.
- Proficient with intramuscular injections. Preferred proficiency in phlebotomy.
- Knowledge of health insurance and billing practices.
- Ability to answer telephones and assist staff and clients in a respectful manner.
- Knowledge and appropriate practice of HIPPA regulation.
- Willingness to cross-train with all other administrative functions and provide back-up as needed.
- Ability to support a work team by demonstrating positive solution-focused interactions, self-motivation, openness to change, willingness to help, and respect for others and their ideas in teams and in conflict situations.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to multitask within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong computer proficiency, including keyboarding skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to utilize an electronic health record to assist with running reports.
- Ability to pass pre-employment criminal background check.
Benefits at Compass Health -
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance at NO COST to Full-time employees
- 16 days of paid vacation the first year
- 12 sick days with great wellness day
- 13 paid holidays - 11 regular and 2 that you choose
- Professional funds and paid education leave
- Up to 2% match for the 403B Retirement plan after the first year
- Automatic additional pay raises when you have your 1st & 3rd anniversary with Compass!
- And much, much more!!
Compass Health is the region's largest private, non-profit organization providing mental health and substance use services in Snohomish, Skagit, Island, San Juan, and Whatcom counties of Western Washington. We provide quality creative services to children, families and adults in a variety of outpatient, residential and inpatient settings. We have been serving our clients and our communities for over 110 years, though our commitment to care doesn't stop with our clients as we take pride in offering our employees the opportunity to work in a culture that promotes learning, growth, and advancement. We maintain a focus on employee satisfaction and work/life balance, which includes competitive compensation and benefits programs. Please visit our website for more information: www.compasshealth.org.
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Governor Inslee's Proclamation 21-14.2 requires employees of healthcare institutions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or have an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Title: Medical Assistant
Wage: $23.19-$37.81/hr DOE