Consultant, Business Development - Indonesia
Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a pioneering legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the three billion people who are left out of - or poorly served by - the financial sector. For nearly 60 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through our work with more than 160 partners in 55 countries. More at http://www.accion.org.
Background and Project Summary
Accion Global Advisory Solutions (GLAS) is looking to engage a consultant (service provider) to amplify Accion's business development efforts in Indonesia over a concentrated three-month period. Working closely with the Advisory leadership team, including the Managing Director, VP Digital and the Regional Program Manager for Asia, the Service Provider will utilize their networks, experience, and expertise to support Accion to develop new funding opportunities and advisory partnerships in Indonesia.
Primary objectives of this assignment include:
Identify 2-3 headline advisory projects for Indonesia (Embedded Supply Chain Finance and / or Agriculture Value Chain Finance, Digital Transformation of microfinance institution or other financial institution, Digital MSME ecosystem, Digital lending, etc.)
- Prepare proposal and pitch decks for identified partners and funding agencies.
Additional business development and delivery objectives include:
- Improve agility and contract wins: Identify potential institutional partners / independent consultants that enable the Advisory team to rapidly draw in required skills, technical expertise, "know-how" for projects
- Expand Institutional and C-Suite Relationships: Expand network of institutional contacts that have potential for collaborative project implementation and business development. Support Accion to make C-suite connections to drive potential new business (event visibility, direct connections, partners with "know-who")
- Increase Accion's advisory visibility in Indonesia: Identify institutional partnerships in Indonesia that extend visibility of Accion advisory product lines and position Accion as a thought leader in selected focus areas (e.g. last-mile digitization, inclusion of women-owned SMEs, embedded finance, data-driven insights, etc.)
Scope of Work
The Service Provider's main activities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Internal documentation review: Accion will provide samples of prior proposals, decks and documents that summarize key Accion advisory products and services, project summary reviews, etc to aid the Service Provider in understanding Accion advisory's interests and value offer.
- Market intelligence: gather and share research on key industry trends, initiatives of relevant players in market, new business development opportunities.
- Identification of 2-3 headline advisory projects: In consultation with the Advisory team, the Service Provider will support further development of new project concepts, including identifying of key partners, articulation of Accion GLAS value add.
- Stakeholder meetings and interviews: With these headline projects in mind, the Service Provider will carry out a series of 10-12 interviews with Accion, potential donors, potential platform partners and/or corporates, and additional thought leaders with relevance to Accion GLAS' business objectives. Based on these interviews, the Service Provider will help further refine thinking around headline projects.
- Engagement of funders and new partners: the Service Provider will identify 2-3 potential donors and/or corporates that seek outcomes and impacts of headline projects and open negotiation for funding. Actively facilitate Accion introductions and connections with C-suite and key stakeholders.
- Preparation of proposals for funders: Pulling together components above, the Service Provider will support development of 2-3 concrete proposals for targeted funders.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of the Indonesia market supported by established connections with various ecosystem participants (financial service providers, fintechs, supply chain platforms, payment services providers etc.), funding agencies and regulators.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communications skills
- Experience working with diverse groups of stakeholders, anticipating their needs and ensuring that communications are clear and professional
- Demonstrated interest in and exposure to inclusive fintech, knowledge of key trends and issues.
All work will be completed between April 1, 2022 and June 30, 2022 unless the engagement is extended and approved by Accion in writing, or a new SOW is entered into. Actual number of days expected to be spent on the project is estimated to be 30 days.
Questions regarding the proposal can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org