Arizona State University
This position will actively engage with business and technical staff to understand needs, define requirements, model processes, and ensure the quality of documentation meets defined standards. In this role, you will support the IT Governance team to participate in and facilitate research and analysis-centered conversations, stakeholder and status meetings, and prioritization/alignment discussions related to IT policy, data governance and privacy. Deliverables include business requirement documents, functional specifications, process models and workflows, data visualizations, project plans and user stories, and policy and standards documentation.
As with everyone in the UTO family, our intentional focus on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging as well as culture and communications are core responsibilities in this role. With an increased emphasis on authenticity, compassion, and inclusivity, this position strives to embody and advance our UTO Positive Core.
Depends on experience
29-April-2022 is the initial close date. Applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed each week until the job is closed.
· Participates as a member of the IT Governance team that leads and manages the IT Policy Lifecycle, data governance, and privacy programs, provide support in developing and implementing plans and activities.
· Manages all aspects of the assessment of tools, processes, and information, including setting tasks, scheduling, and coordinating with team members and internal/external constituents
· Performs analysis, synthesis, and interpretation of quantitative and qualitative data using appropriate protocols, methods, and computer software
· Writes reports for various audiences to summarize findings using narrative, tables, and data visualization; report conclusions regarding program success in meeting objectives; and share recommendations for program improvement.
· Facilitates decision-making by communicating across project teams and functional areas; elicits requirements using interviews, requirements meetings, surveys, document analysis, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, and workflow analysis.
· Supports functional users in developing reports.
· Takes responsibility for fostering culture, advancing our values, and championing engagement in all its forms -- collaborating across our teams as well as participating in UTO/ASU events and programs. Demonstrates commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment. Advances our UTO Affirmative Pledge.
Bachelor's degree AND two (2) years of experience in procedural, management or systems analysis work; OR, Six (6) years of experience in procedural, management, or systems analysis work; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/ or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
· Demonstrated knowledge of workflow/process flow diagramming and documentation
· Experience in communicating complex material both verbally and in writing
· Experience in analyzing complex problems
· Experience with Atlassian products, JIRA and Confluence.
· Experience facilitating virtual meetings
· Ability to manage multiple tasks, timelines, and responsibilities.
· Experience in using office productivity and collaboration software (e.g., Excel, Word, Google Docs suite), databases (e.g., Access), and data analysis (e.g., SPSS).
· Experience in research writing, reporting, and presentation skills.
· Experience working with Agile teams
· Ability to model empathy, compassion and emotional intelligence
· Ability to model empathy, compassion and emotional intelligence
· Experience hiring in a values-led organization, emphasizing diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
· Ability to help foster a safe psychological space for all teammates where everyone can thrive
· Ability to stimulate changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment
· Ability to lead by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs
· Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse.
· Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
· Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
· Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
· Clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
The University Technology Office (UTO) embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. Join the team that sparks human-centered innovation
UTO is a rapidly reconfigurable and entrepreneurial organization at ASU that prioritizes and executes to meet the needs of our community of learners, faculty, researchers and staff. Our work emphasizes autonomy, flexibility and distributed decision-making to leverage the strengths of individuals. Together, we embrace a culture that nurtures, engages and embraces diverse voices with a shared lens of positive community impact and expanded opportunities for collaboration.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 78365BR