Snooze – Who are we?
Morning people! Yes, we are those people. We are a full-service breakfast restaurant, and we want each morning to feel like your weekend and happy hour rolled into one — no matter which side of noon it’s on. We’re the place where you can be you, and where our regulars are anything but. Everyone’s welcome at our table, because the same goes for our people as it does for our dishes: the unexpected twists are what makes them so special.
The Sous Chef Role at Snooze
As second in command of the Snooze kitchen you are responsible for ensuring the highest quality food and standards. Your primary duties include maintaining all kitchen functions including the purchasing, storage, inventory and preparation of food products while upholding a standard of excellence in safety and sanitation. You are also responsible for training Snoozers on methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion control and food cost analysis. You are the Head Chef’s right hand in ensuring guest satisfaction is being met consistently. Your overall goal is to maintain the “WOW” factor of Snooze food, be creative, have fun, and be a role model for others in the kitchen.
- No late nights—you’ll be home by dinner time every night!
- Weekly pay and competitive hourly rates
- Competitive Basic Health, Dental, Visions, Pet and Accident Insurance Plans
- Employer paid Short Term disability and Life Insurance Plans
- 401k/Roth 401k Plans
- 120 Hours (15 days) of vacation time accrued per year and paid at a regular rate
- 40 Hours (5 days) of paid sick time paid at regular rate per year
- Four (4) Paid Holidays
- 8 Hours (1 day) of paid community volunteer time paid at regular rate per year
- 100% paid meal benefits
- Other benefits including potential field trips, community engagement, and personal and professional growth
- Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day to spend time with family and friends.
- The opportunity for development and advancement opportunities.
- Unlimited dance parties!
The Position Specifics
- Accurately manage all Heart of House Snoozers to ensure adherence to all Snooze policy, procedures, methods, and expectations.
- Be knowledgeable of Snooze policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Maintain quality standards according to the guidelines of Snooze Food, ensuring the best possible product goes in and out the kitchen doors.
- Assist the management team in making employment and termination decisions including interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating, reviewing, and coaching Heart of House Snoozers as appropriate.
- Ensure the proper training of all Heart of House Snoozers in safety and sanitation practices, equipment operation and proper kitchen tool usage.
- Assist Head Chef in preparing all required paperwork, including inventory, par sheets, ordering, forms, reports and schedules.
- Verify that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition through personal inspection and following preventative maintenance plans.
- Assist in controlling food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products, organized storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control.
- Control labor cost by assisting in scheduling based upon forecasted sales, positions needed, and proper time management.
- Provide leadership and instruction pertaining to Snooze basic safety and sanitation procedures and guidelines.
- Help to create a fun, safe and rewarding work environment for all Snoozers.
Is this the role for you?
Sous Chefs at Snooze...
- Must be 21 years of age and be authorized to work in the United States.
- Have knowledge of food, beverage, and safety generally involving at least 2+ years of operations experience and 1+ years of leadership experience.
- Possess excellent basic math skills and can operate a cash register and Point of Sale system. Must also be able to communicate and understand the predominant language (s) of the restaurant’s trading area.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours) and have the stamina to work 45 to 50 hours per week.
Let’s talk about safety
Your safety is our #1 priority. Because of that, it is every Snoozer’s responsibility to ensure cleanliness, sanitation, and safety within our restaurants. We hold both Snoozers and guests accountable to our Safety Guidelines. We require daily wellness checks from all Snoozers and are committed to a safe working environment.
Snooze is an Equal Opportunity Employer