At FNX-INNOV, we strive every day to redefine engineering without any barriers. We are a Quebec-owned company that innovates through its integrated services from conception to execution. With our 1000 professionals and experts, we excel in cutting-edge sectors such as the environment, energy, infrastructure, water treatment, building, energy efficiency, industrial and mining engineering, telecommunications, earth sciences, materials engineering, project management and construction.
Present in several regions of Quebec and Canada, our firm relies on values of innovation, respect, collaboration, and integrity to surround itself with the best talents in the pursuit of its mission.
Join one of our multidisciplinary teams today, and together, let's build the future!
Work location: Longlac, Ontario
Within the Energy department, as a Substation Construction Site Inspector:
- Review construction activities daily reports and monthly reports;
- Attend site meetings and conduct general field surveys;
- Verify that work is done per construction schedule;
- Inspect contractor’s quality control and quality assurance processes;
- Verify contractor’s quality plan and make sure it has been well executed;
- Be the point of contact with site health and safety personnel.
- Conduct weekly debrief meetings with Toronto office team and project manager;
- Attend and inspect all testing, commissioning and handover activities
- Attend all FAT for major equipment such as switchgears, breakers, Transformers, PCT building and more;
- Attend all SAT for different equipment and review SAT test results performed by the main contractor;
- Review all documentations and reports (closeout, handover, other) provided by the contractor;
- Confirm the contractor followed all instructions from the construction activity document.
- College diploma (DEC), or Engineer in training EIT or Assistant Project Manager has some degree in electromechanical engineering or civil engineering or equivalent;
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in Electrical MV or HV substation construction and activities;
- Knowledge in site supervision as an inspector to oversee the General Contractor Activities and to report to the Project Manager;
- Licensed master electrician (asset);
- Have initiative and autonomy;
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and client's team;
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills;
- Sense of observation, curiosity, ingenuity to participate in the design of projects;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Competitive salaries;
- Reimbursement of professional contribution fees;
- Continuing training;
- Career and development opportunities;
- Stimulating work environment;
- Possibility of extension after the one-year contract.