Full-Time Monday – Friday
We are a busy growing medical practice looking for a skilled and organized Medical Assistant to join our healthcare team. You will perform a combination of various administrative and clinical tasks. Administrative responsibilities include greeting patients as they arrive, answering phone calls and emails, scheduling appointments, and updating and filing patients’ medical records. Clinical duties include taking patient medical histories, recording patient vital signs, preparing patients for examination, and assisting the physician during examinations. When necessary, you will also administer vaccinations and process prescriptions to be filled at the patient’s preferred pharmacy.
We have three office locations so occasional travel may be required.
Medical Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helps patients by providing information, services, and assistance.
- Maintains medical supplies inventory and performing preventive maintenance to keep medical equipment operating.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history, and confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; and reporting patient history summary.
- Saves doctors’ time by helping with office procedures.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; and keeping patient information confidential.
- Counsels patients by transmitting physician’s orders and questions about surgery.
- Schedules surgeries by making arrangements with the surgical center; verifying times with patients; and preparing charts and pre-admission and consent forms.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards; facility policies and procedures; and federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Medical Assistant Qualifications/Skills:
- Supply management
- Verbal communication
- Infection control
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Customer focus
- Bedside manner
- Medical teamwork
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- 1+ years in a medical office
- Experience with EMR (electronic medical records), medical terminology
- Previous experience in specific medical field preferred
- Health Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Vocation Pay
- Holiday Pay
Click to apply today!