is the Law Poster Supplement
EEO es la Ley cartel
Suplemento del documento EEO es la Ley
WI Contract Compliance Law
Colorado Anti-Discrimination Laws (English and
Employee Polygraph Protection Action
E-Verify Participation Poster
Right to Work Poster
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Community Case Manager - Wausau, WI
FT/PT Status:Social Services
Explore our careers page to learn more about the benefits we offer! https://viventhealth.org/get-involved/careers/
Check out our Youtube channel to learn more about Vivent Health! https://youtu.be/5bu5M6m-GhI
Videos to explore!
1) The Basics - HIV Prevention and Testing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc6SpQDuNa8
2) How is HIV Transmitted? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8BwYFlTAGY
3) HIV: Fight Back with HIV Treatment - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhioUIYmv9Q&feature=youtu.be
4) HIV: Let's Reset What We Know - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd_7I6M07k0&feature=youtu.be
5) HIV: The Goal of Undetectable - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ1bIphjxbw&t=17s
*****POSITION INCLUDES FREE PARKING (DOWNTOWN MILWAUKEE) IN A NEARBY GARAGE.*****
The Community Case Manager provides a wide range of intensive, client-centered services to persons with HIV/AIDS in a variety of settings to expedite access to medical care with the goal of HIV viral suppression, to address medical, psychosocial, and other issues that are barriers to care, and to collaborate with other programs within Vivent Health and with local service providers for the benefit of clients and patients.
Scope of Responsibilities
Vivent Health is one of the nation's largest providers of HIV prevention, care and treatment services with a budget approaching $225 million and employing over 450 professionals.
The unique, nationally recognized Vivent Health HIV Medical home model of care assures that everyone with HIV has access to medical, dental, mental health and social services and provides the best opportunity for patients to achieve high quality health outcomes. Vivent Health also provides aggressive HIV prevention services to gay men, injection drug users and others at the highest risk for HIV infection.
Vivent Health currently operates in multiple states nationwide. It embraces a Market Culture to increase access to care, enhance quality outcomes, achieve and surpass financial performance expectations and has an aggressive plan to expand into additional states.
- Provide HIV medical case management services, in compliance with State and agency standards, to persons living with HIV. This includes:
- Administer the Wisconsin Acuity Index to determine eligibility for case management services;
- Provide case management services, according to the Wisconsin AIDS/HIV Program HIV Medical Case Management Standards, to persons with HIV infection through: Assessments/Reassessments, Service Planning, and Service Plan monitoring.
- Provide top quality consultation, referral, guidance, and other assistance to HIV-positive individuals, regardless of eligibility for case management, and to the extent required to optimize clients' success in effectively addressing their needs.
- Assess benefits and insurance, and if needed, provide assistance to access payor programs.
- Provide direct access to and administer short-term programs such as STRMU to stabilize a client's housing circumstances, or make appropriate referral to long-term housing programs.
- Maintain appropriate client files and timely documentation of services provided utilizing Provide Enterprise case management software and the housing Service Point database as appropriate.
- Contribute as an active member of the Social Services Department including participating in staff meetings, client staffing, in-service trainings and workshops, department or agency planning activities, assisting in special projects, and providing support, peer mentoring, and training to co-workers.
- Collaborate extensively with Vivent Health's Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, and Behavioral Health Clinics personnel to ensure that clients obtain appropriate and timely access to all needed care, and to maximize adherence to medical treatment plans.
- Establish a working relationship with appropriate community resources in the area, including those providing HIV testing and health, mental health, and social services to underserved and target populations.
- Work cooperatively and provide coverage for other Vivent Health programs, including but not limited to covering LifePoint Services. Inform clients of the services available through Vivent Health and in the community, and link clients to them as appropriate. Access to medical care is underscored, as well as providing or assisting with the provision of support services such as support groups, housing assistance, food pantry, transportation assistance, holiday gifts, and school supplies for kids, volunteer services, and financial assistance.
- Provide education on HIV disease and treatment options to people living with or affected by HIV disease, and to area service providers as appropriate.
- Connect and case manage Vivent Health's eligible clients to HUD HOPWA housing programs by providing housing information, housing counseling, and supportive services to prevent homelessness, increase housing stability, and health outcomes for clients. Assist with enrollment in housing programs and in processing of rent, mortgage, and utility payments, as needed.
- Coordinate, in conjunction with Pantry and Food Service staff, to the extent needed, to manage Food Pantry operations by providing assistance with food bundling, ordering, food distribution and delivery, pantry inventory, and other pantry operations.
- Update and maintain a strong working knowledge of HIV/AIDS, treatment options, risk reduction techniques, chronic diseases, mental health issues, insurance and benefits, case management and other related issues through self-study and participation in trainings, workshops, and in-services in consultation with supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned by supervising staff.
- Baccalaureate or graduate degree in social work, health care, or a human service discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Ability to establish rapport and maintain effective communication with culturally diverse populations from a wide range of life circumstances and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills, including client-centered communication and assessment skills.
- Ability to effectively organize work products and files, keep clear records, and manage time well so as to optimize efficiency and productivity.
- Willingness to travel within the designated territory and willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Valid Driver's License, Insurable Driving Record, and access to a reliable insured vehicle.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the HIV/AIDS patient population, and/or an eagerness to learn about this community.
- Minimum of two years' experience offering direct client contact in a community based social service or health service agency.
- Extensive knowledge of medical, social and mental health delivery systems.
- Working knowledge of Spanish language (bilingual) is a plus.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions*
**Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer* *
Vivent Health is an equal opportunity employer and will recruit, hire, promote and transfer qualified persons into all job classifications regardless of race, gender, religion, skin color, national origin or ancestry, physical disability (including pregnancy) or mental disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, legally protected medical condition, family care status, marital status, veteran status, genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law. Vivent Health complies with other expanded protected classifications that may be mandated by specific county or municipal regulations. As a recipient of federal funding, Vivent Health will not hire nor enter into a contractual relationship with any party that is debarred, suspended, or excluded from federal assistance programs.
*Public Student Loan Forgiveness*
Employment at our organization may qualify you for federal student loan forgiveness programs. We do not directly pay for - nor forgive - federal student loans; however our status as a not-for-profit organization under Section 501 (c) (3), makes us an eligible employer. There may be other determining factors for one to qualify.
Please follow this URL to review one such program and their requirements: