CentralSquare is a unique enterprise software company whose mission is to build safer, smarter, more connected communities. We serve over 7,500 organizations in North America, from large cities to counties and towns of every size. We provide software for managing public safety (#1 market share) and public administration (#2 market share), enabling first responders to do their jobs as effectively and safely as possible. Learn more by visiting www.CentralSquare.com.
The Technical Services Engineer II performs post-sale, off-site, and on-site client-site work such as infrastructure reviews, networking, site design, hardware installation, cabling, virtualization, storage configuration, security reviews, backups, antivirus, Operating Systems installation and configuration\hardening, SQL Server installation and configuration\hardening, Active Directory configuration, database tuning, clustering, cloud deployments, software installations, Operating System, SQL and software upgrades, testing, disaster recovery, technical meetings, hardware and software maintenance, interface/integration installation and configuration on CentralSquare deployments as assigned.
This role will possess experience in providing technical services and must be able to achieve an entry-level of product knowledge across one or more CentralSquare Technology product families.
This position will serve as a liaison between CentralSquare and its clients to deliver a high-quality customer experience and be able to partner with internal and external team resources and convey customer feedback to technical design, engineering, and project management staff.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Willingly collaborates and shares knowledge with others
- Practices strong communication skills with a customer service focus
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work efficiently and effectively manage priorities to meet multiple project timelines with minimal guidance
- Articulates technical and functional concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Does requirements gathering
- Able to continually pass background check requirements for working on and connecting to public safety information systems
- Adheres to and promotes CentralSquare Technologies Core Values
- Other responsibilities as required
- The ability to carry and lift equipment up to 50lbs, rack and stack equipment, cable equipment depending on role
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 50%, depending on assigned role
- B.A. or B.S. degree or an associate degree or certificate with equivalent work experience, or relevant work experience
- 2 to 5 years of experience
- Good technical background in one or more of the following: hardware, operating systems, networking, software, telephony, RDBMS, integrations, coding
- MS Office products including Visio
- The ability to create system\integration\workflow diagrams and detailed implementation documentation.
- Technical Skills depend upon assignment. Can include any or all the following: Hardware, networking, storage, Operating Systems (MS & Linux based), RDBMS including MS SQL, SSRS Reporting, server virtualization, Active Directory, VEEAM\Zerto and other backup systems, Antivirus and security, AWS.
- Must be proficient in understanding the functional and technical capabilities of software applications and utilize that knowledge for defining integration solutions with other applications
- Self-starter with very strong analytical and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing business and customer needs, maintaining a high degree of flexibility
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to learn new applications and system features quickly
- Dedicated to the best possible customer experience and takes initiative toward improving it
- Good written and verbal communication skills
CentralSquare Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.