This opportunity is located within our Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company business, a global leader of mission-critical hardware and systems solutions including precision energetics systems and innovative explosive solutions.
Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Electronics engineering team is rapidly growing to support the development of Flight Termination Systems and Tactical electronics in support of Space & Defense applications.EBAD seeks a motivated engineer for the position of Electronic Component Engineer, reporting to an Electrical Product Development Lead.
This is an opportunity for an engineer to use and grow their experience as part of a hardworking team of diverse specialists, in the field of electronic hardware design. You will be responsible for:
- Electrical, electronic, and electromechanical component selection
- Perform pedigree evaluation, component de-rating, part and circuit-level analyses, and perform environmental impact assessments
- Assist the team to develop and evolve our standards for component testing, screening, and qualification
- Provide guidance with component selection for our electronic designs
- Improve the overall performance and reliability of our space & defense systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with the use of mil-spec parts in safety-critical and/or high-reliability applications
- Understanding of electronic material and device physics, reliability, and/or failure analysis
- Ability to evaluate a Bill of Materials for electronic designs against approved vendor/component parts lists and standards
- Ability to develop and maintain source control documentation for EEE components used in high-reliability designs
- Ability to travel as the need arises to supplier locations throughout the U.S.
- Experience acquiring and assessing Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) documentation for electronics parts
- Experience acquiring, evaluating, and explaining Destructive Physical Analysis results, performance screening data, and component qualification artifacts from vendors per EEE Parts Control Plan requirements
- 5+ years of experience in component and parts management, electronics hardware development, integration, and test
- 2+ years of exposure to component screening, accelerated testing, reliability analysis
Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.