Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 58,000 staff across a network of more than 1000 independent companies in over 54 countries and operating more than 900 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 6.7 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
This position will support Eurofins' existing Canadian legal entities across the country, as well as support further acquisitions and growth. Reporting directly to the Controller of the NSC, this position requires a candidate who is well-versed in all areas of accounting.
This position supports the Controller in all accounting activities, and offers the right candidate opportunities for special projects to develop their skill set and advance their career. This position is dynamic and requires the candidate to be proactive, multi-task, and have excellent organizational skills.
• Prepare accurate and timely financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, quarterly reviews, annual audits, and annual budget
• Prepare general ledger entries, reconcile general ledger accounts, and prepare and analyze financial data
• Prepare and post general and accrual journal entries
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts
• Update and maintain general ledger chart of accounts
• Coordinate month end and year-end closing process
• Create and modify financial reports on the accounting financial reports software
• Maintain the ERP fixed assets module
• Coordinate, update, and maintain fixed assets and depreciation schedules on accounting software
• Coordinate activity on capital leases/loans
• Prepare mid-year and year-end audit work papers and assist independent auditors during field work
• Responsible for all intercompany transactions
• File and pay sales taxes and other statutory remittance returns
• Responsible for resolution of all unapplied transactions to include maintaining provision for bad debt records, actual bad debt records, and recovery of bad debt records
• Reconcile daily cash activities and bank statements
• Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports
• Recommend more accurate and efficient procedures for all accounting department functions.
• Calculate and file sales tax and other statutory remittance returns
• Assist in ERP system projects
• Assist in annual budget preparation
• Assist in financial analysis
• Assist in year-end audit and other reviews
• Assist in developing new policy and process documentation
• Minimum 2 years of corporate accounting experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Professional Accounting designation (CPA) or working towards
• Working knowledge of MS Dynamics Great Plains is an asset
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUPs, PivotTables, etc.)
• Good knowledge of IFRS
• Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Ability to meet tight deadlines, work independently and perform very well under pressure
• Experience in a Shared Services model is an asset
• $75K CAD salary
• Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
• Group RRSP with company match
• Ability to work remotely with exception to some in-person training
• 75% Corporate Gym Discount with GoodLife Fitness
• Work-from-Home Subsidy for Ergonomic Devices or Furniture
Eurofins supports equal opportunities for inclusion and invites all qualified applicants to apply; if accommodations are required in the application or interview process, please contact us via www.eurofins.ca. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Accommodation: Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request via the website at www.eurofins.ca