- Perform sample extractions according to applicable SOPs and test methods;
- Perform sample analysis, integration, and data entry into the LIMS system;
- Perform method validation procedures for applicable test methods;
- Maintain good laboratory housekeeping at all times;
- Perform regular instrument maintenance, troubleshooting and calibration;
- Keep track of consumables inventory and request supplies for ordering, as required;
- Follow the Quality System as documented in the Quality Assurance Manual; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- University degree or college diploma in a chemistry-related field;
- Basic computer literacy;
- Experience with GCs and organics testing an asset;
- Laboratory safety and WHMIS training;
- Troubleshooting skills required for instrument maintenance;
- Technical knowledge of applicable test methods; and
- Weekend and/or evening shifts may be required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.