Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is a comprehensive mental health solution for employers and health plans. Unlike any other solution, we use clinically validated technology called Precision Mental Healthcare to pinpoint and deliver exactly what will work for each person - whether that's meditation, coaching, therapy, medication, and beyond.
Today, Spring Health serves more than 200 companies, from start-ups to multinational Fortune 500 corporations, and is a preferred mental health provider to companies like General Mills, Guardian, Bain, and Instacart. We have raised over $300 million from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor, Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our team. You will help ensure quality is part of our product and engineering roadmaps and work as a part of a cross-functional product team to find elegant solutions to mental healthcare's many problems. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry, and backed by prominent VCs including Rethink, RRE, and General Catalyst.
What you'll be doing:
- Be the voice of quality at project planning and raise potential risks of approaches.
- Create test plans for new features in conjunction with engineers
- Talk through a Test plan, its implementation with engineers & what might break as part of a story.
- Design, develop and execute a comprehensive automated test suite
- Deliver a robust automation framework built upon established and proven open-source tools and strong experience on Service layer testing) to support Agile/Scrum development, DevOps, and CI/CD
- Review code and provide feedback for other Automation Engineers in the team
- Collaborate on determining what should be covered in unit tests, integration & e2e tests.
- Pair with the FE and BE engineers in building automation test scenarios and maintaining them.
- Come up with a testing strategy for every release, including exploratory testing, to give us confidence that no major regressions are introduced & the changes are working as expected.
- Verify & triage bug tickets, collaborate with engineering on getting them fixed.
- Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high-quality software Basic Qualifications
- Focus on operational excellence, constructively identifying problems and proposing solutions, taking on projects that improve your team's software, making it better and easier to maintain
- Create test cases and perform manual testing for various POD's
What we expect from you:
Benefits of working at Spring Health:Focus on total health including:
- 3+ years of experience with both exploratory & automated testing
- Can convert a design into code and deliver it using current software engineering best practices
- Writes secure, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects
- Understands a broad range of data structures and algorithms, and which to use, or not
- Experienced in UI, Web services and mobile automation
- Experience with design and development of automation framework
- Mobile testing with any cloud services (Perfecto, Saucelabs, Browser Stack)
- Experience of working with at least one e2e test framework
- Experience with CI/CD (continuous integration and continuous delivery) build pipelines and API Testing(CircleCI is a plus)
- Experience in using one or more SDLC tools would be a plus like JIRA, HP ALM
- Comfortable working on a lean team and curious about learning new things
- Comfortable moving fast and working through ambiguity - we are a small startup and are working on balancing the demands of business growth and platform reliability
Generous medical, dental, vision coverage available day 1 + access to One MedicalAccess to Spring Health's platform which includes (10) free therapy sessionsUnlimited time off in addition to (12) paid holidays16-18 weeks paid parental leave $500 per year Wellness Reimbursement Creating a culture you can thrive in:
Flexible remote and hybrid work style arrangementsCalm Fridays to encourage meeting & distraction free days Donation matching to support your favorite causesEmployee resource groups Supporting you financially through:
Competitive mix of salary and stock optionsEmployer sponsored 401(k) match
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:Members Come First
We are genuine member advocates.Move Fast to Change Lives
We build with urgency and intention.Take Ownership
We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.Embrace Diverse Teams & Perspectives
We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.Science Will Win
We will achieve impact by innovation and evidence based frameworks.Candor with Care
We are open, honest and empathetic.Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Spring Health will not hire any applicants who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa, H-1 visa, or STEM OPT extension.